James Washington return?

lukemartin79

Reaction score
While Dallas signed Washington to 'only' a 1-year $1.187M deal, that appears to be money wasted, especially seeing as how KC sign Smith Schuster for $3.7M and has put up the following stats this season: 46 catches 615 yards 2 td's
Yeah, he would have been nice, but you know Jerry was trying to fix it with a cheap solution. He practically gave Cooper away, no way he was paying real money for someone like that unfortunately.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Wow. You struggle to understand even a basic point. And double check those salaries that show Washington making more than brown again. If you want to believe Washington was signed to be the #3 WR, have at it. But everything the team has done says otherwise
Yes I will since I trust NFL.com guys over you GUY. He was signed to be behind CD and Gallup since they lost Coop and Wilson. Period. Jerry said so at the time of the signing too. That was the plan, but he got hurt and has since fallen off the earth I guess. They kept talking about him around the bye, but now never even mention him anymore.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
and? Has our rushing yards gone up?
Yes, our rushing has gone up little this year. Our points/game average has gone down a little though. Rushing the ball is so important, but there will come a time or two or three where the opponent might shut down our rushing game, thus forcing us to pass. I hope it doesn't come back to bite us, especially in the playoffs.

817Gill

Reaction score
Washington took up all those training camp reps. Could have used them on someone else who doesn't have a history of getting injured or used them on our young receivers. When today's pass-happy Steelers let you go, but you're only 25 years old, that's a huge red flag. Cowboys are learning this the hard way. A waste in so many ways.
He was injured first day of camp lol, he took no reps from anyone.

817Gill

Reaction score
Understood and agreed. It still looks bad that Washington has been healed and practicing with Dak since October 22, 2022, yet he has yet to be added to the active roster, especially since we clearly could use some receiving help. It's been over a month. Does not look good.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...ington-return-dak-prescott-injury-ceedee-lamb
It’s due to OBJ brotha. They don’t have the roster space for both, shoot they had to IR Fehoko with a minor shoulder injury for the same reason.

As soon as we get news on OBJ, you’ll see news on Washington.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
What exactly can be categorized as a “huge” mistake? They paid him almost nothing, he’s never been on the active roster, he’s never made them not pursue other options and he might have been cut if not injured. He was always a backend of the WR rotation signing that costs very little even though some on here pretended otherwise. He was never signed to be a starter. Personally I would have cut him if he didn’t go to IR and I’d leave him there this year and move on next year but it’s not like they gave him a big contract or a long term commitment. You need cheap backup options in case of injury and the such and that IMO is why he was signed and what he still is if healthy. It’s like referring to Takk McKinley as a huge mistake if he doesn’t do anything. Not everyone is signed to be an impact player

He's mad is boy Ridgeway got cut.

Now, everyone we kept instead of Ridgeway is a mistake.

Mannix

Reaction score
TIRED of hearing about him....he OBVIOUSLY doesn't give 2 s's about playing or he would have made an effort to get on the field....just cut him!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It still looks bad that Washington has been healed and practicing with Dak since October 22, 2022, yet he has yet to be added to the active roster, especially since we clearly could use some receiving help.
How is it "clearly" considering the points the Cowboys have been scoring lately?

Rayman70

Reaction score
if we sign him were getting MAYBE 1-2 games from him in 2022. Is THAT worth it? Then we have the plane incident which was UGLY I hear. Lets use the guys we have I say. BUT if we must sign a guy, sign Will Fuller. He at least can lay right now and is healthy, fast and offers Dak a deep ball guy.