James Webb Space Telescope Launch

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The universe just boggles the mind, like what is on the other side where the universe ends?
Your imagination is much bigger than mine. I have been wondering for a long time what the outside of our MIlky Way galaxy looks like.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The universe just boggles the mind, like what is on the other side where the universe ends?
I always wondered that as a kid. "The universe can't be infinite, but if it isn't, what's outside of it?...and outside that?...and that?

Maybe it's absolute nothingness. If picturing nothingness is difficult for you, imagine death. If that's difficult, think about what you felt between falling asleep and waking up, when you weren't dreaming... Nothing.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
According to the muti-verse theory there's another universe. Then another one, then another one. But according to the big bang theory, the big bang only made one universe. But there is no epicenter to the big bang theory. Meaning the galaxies in our universe aren't moving in a unified direction. So every galaxy had to have its own big bang.

Where does everything come from and how far does everything spread? Those are things that mankind wasn't meant to know. Just like there are things mankind aren't meant to do.

Opinions and beliefs vary. And I'm just voicing my opinion.

rags747

Reaction score
According to the muti-verse theory there's another universe. Then another one, then another one. But according to the big bang theory, the big bang only made one universe. But there is no epicenter to the big bang theory. Meaning the galaxies in our universe aren't moving in a unified direction. So every galaxy had to have its own big bang.

Where does everything come from and how far does everything spread? Those are things that mankind wasn't meant to know. Just like there are things mankind aren't meant to do.

There are things that peoplekind are not meant to do, but seem to do anyway!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

No, according to the theory, our universe is the result of the Big Bang, which is why all the galaxies are expanding away from each other, as a whole. The farther from us you go, the faster it's moving away from us. There are galaxies that merge into each other, but that's a gravitational process.

According to at least one multiverse theory, there have been multiple (possibly infinite) Big Bangs, each creating a universe of its own, possibly connected to and/or surrounding our universe, in a series of bubbles.

There's also a theory that our universe is inside a black hole. I personally think that's just reaching for the weirdest possible explanation, but what do I know?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
No, according to the theory, our universe is the result of the Big Bang, which is why all the galaxies are expanding away from each other, as a whole. The farther from us you go, the faster it's moving away from us. There are galaxies that merge into each other, but that's a gravitational process.

According to at least one multiverse theory, there have been multiple (possibly infinite) Big Bangs, each creating a universe of its own, possibly connected to and/or surrounding our universe, in a series of bubbles.

There's also a theory that our universe is inside a black hole. I personally think that's just reaching for the weirdest possible explanation, but what do I know?
Yes, but shouldn't there be an epicenter associated with their movements. I understand the distance between galaxies is growing and the universe itself is expanding. But where is the epicenter to support the big bang theory? It's kind of like the missing link in Darwinism.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, but shouldn't there be an epicenter associated with their movements. I understand the distance between galaxies is growing and the universe itself is expanding. But where is the epicenter to support the big bang theory? It's kind of like the missing link in Darwinism.
There's no center because everything was all one point in space, then expanded. I know what you're saying, it's hard to wrap one's head around it, but think of it as every square inch of space and everything in space expanding at once. It all moves away from each other, not from a single point.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
There's no center because everything was all one point in space, then expanded. I know what you're saying, it's hard to wrap one's head around it, but think of it as every square inch of space and everything in space expanding at once. It all moves away from each other, not from a single point.
Ok. My original train of thought had me believing the explosion created the debris that created the galaxies all at one time. So the debris that created the galaxies and the galaxies themselves, should be moving away from the epicenter of that explosion. But the expansion could have happened first then the debris that created the galaxies came later on. So after the "turbulence" of the explosion subsided the debris that created the galaxies came into existence afterwords. At that point the movement of the galaxies would not point back to an epicenter. I use the word turbulence here as an euphemism.

In conclusion, the explosion didn't create and disperse the debris all at one time. So the debris (galaxies) isn't flowing away from an epicenter. Sometimes you have to rethink things so you can understand the data.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Are you saying there is an infinite body of water that exists beyond the boundary of the universe's space?

I do not think the body of water is infinite. I also believe the earth is stationary, so I have a different view of the universe

dsturgeon

Reaction score

What in a galaxy could cause a gravitational pull great enough to pull a galaxy expanding in a different direction and make them merge. I know galaxy formation would occur at different speeds based on amount and types of debris, but I imagine by the time of galaxy formation the space in between would be so vast that nothing would have that much gravitational pull. Or it would cause some type of catastrophic fold that would damage the whole expansion

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Do you believe the Earth rotates?

Stationary in both rotation and traveling through space. I think water does what it always does, fills a container and levels out. From a glass, to a pond, river, lake, ocean

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I do not think the body of water is infinite. I also believe the earth is stationary, so I have a different view of the universe
I hope you are just playing. But if you're not....

If the Earth is stationary how do the constellations continue to change? How do we have season such as summer and winter? Ocean currents? Hurricanes? Time zones? Hell how can we have a day and night cycle if the world was stationary?