James Webb Space Telescope Launch

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Why do you believe every single country on Earth, all the space agencies, scientists, pilots, sailors, etc. would lie about the shape of the Earth? Why would Russia, China, etc., choose to be silent about the U.S. faking a moon landing, when they would very easily be able to prove it didn't happen? Why would scientists, astronauts, etc., from unallied countries claim to be a part of the I.S.S., working in unison with our people?

I need plausible answers to these questions before I can even consider the possibility of a grand worldwide coverup.
Earth is actually not round. The Earth is an irregularly shaped ellipsoid.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Why do you believe every single country on Earth, all the space agencies, scientists, pilots, sailors, etc. would lie about the shape of the Earth? Why would Russia, China, etc., choose to be silent about the U.S. faking a moon landing, when they would very easily be able to prove it didn't happen? Why would scientists, astronauts, etc., from unallied countries claim to be a part of the I.S.S., working in unison with our people?

I need plausible answers to these questions before I can even consider the possibility of a grand worldwide coverup.

Bro, you are not going to win this one...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My foundation comes from somewhere else, and I do not believe i can prove anything with my mind. It is too big for me. I do like some of the youtube videos, but more so the ones from 4 or 5 years ago, which are very hard to find. I have not actually watched them in years.

There have been scientists for both the globe earth and flat earth who have failed to prove a module in the last 500 or however many years. Wide acceptance of a belief does not mean it has been proven. You can speak intelligently about what you believe, but that does not make it true. Have you experimented, measured, mapped, done the math, or seen with your eye the things you talk about?

Water is something I can grasp. I think if i built a 100 mile long container, leveled both sides, and filled it with water, it would do what water always does, fill the container and level out at the top. I do not think it would curve. If I did it in Kansas, I wonder how much I would actually have to level it
Is this what your model is?
krDJkyw.png

If so, I have an easy experiment for you:
On the equinox, at sunrise where you live, draw a straight line about 55' long on a reasonably flat surface, and plant a straight 6' long pole about a foot into the ground, pointing at the sun on the horizon. Then mark on the model the location on Earth at which the sun is directly overhead. One hour later, plant another pole 6" farther down the line, pointing at the sun. Then mark the location at which the sun is directly overhead. Repeat this every hour until sunset.

Now draw a line on the model, showing the path of the sun, then look from the end of the first pole to the end of the last pole and ask yourself why the ends of the poles are all in a straight line, and not a half circle, like they will be on the model.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Is this what your model is?
krDJkyw.png

If so, I have an easy experiment for you:
On the equinox, at sunrise where you live, draw a straight line about 55' long on a reasonably flat surface, and plant a straight 6' long pole about a foot into the ground, pointing at the sun on the horizon. Then mark on the model the location on Earth at which the sun is directly overhead. One hour later, plant another pole 6" farther down the line, pointing at the sun. Then mark the location at which the sun is directly overhead. Repeat this every hour until sunset.

Now draw a line on the model, showing the path of the sun, then look from the end of the first pole to the end of the last pole and ask yourself why the ends of the poles are all in a straight line, and not a half circle, like they will be on the model.

OIP.gpPoUoF7t6eUbUwbA8S0DAHaE8

That is pretty much a good representative of what I belive. I don't claim to have an exact working knowledge or module or anything else

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Right, and the bird's eye view would look like the image I posted, right?

In theory, but I find the failure to map things from our point of view makes it highly unlikely that is accurate. Which leads to the southern hemisphere problems of maps, and most likely problems with that image.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If Earth is flat what is on the bottom side? Are we on the top or underneath ? It has to have a top and bottom.

Tunnels are interesting. Both old ones and new ones. It is one of those things you can not prove, but you can find lots of stuff on it like underground cities, highways, etc on new constructions, and there are lots of tunnels under ancient structures. The roman catholic church has built an abnormal amount of churches over ancient structures with tunnel systems.

It is not what you asked, but it is a cool thing to look into.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Tunnels are interesting. Both old ones and new ones. It is one of those things you can not prove, but you can find lots of stuff on like cities, highways, etc on new constructions, and there are lots of tunnels under ancient structures. The roman catholic church has built an abnormal amount of churches over ancient structures with tunnel systems.

It is not what you asked, but it is a cool thing to look into.
But what is on the bottom of earth there has to be something there.