Twitter: Jane Slater: Cowboys interested in Emmanuel Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickccc

Reaction score
With the draft being so deep at the WR position, that would be poor roster building. If you can get a WR in the 4th or 5th that would normally go 2nd-3rd round, then you have to take advantage of getting that kind of value. Certainly this draft should be defense heavy but I hate when they ignore the deep positions in a draft. Those guys still available in the middle rounds represent very good value.

Agree.
Getting Sanders should omit us from getting a WR in the draft, it would only mean that we dont have to push-reach for aa slot WR early - we dont have to do another
Ryan Switzer (ugh!) just for the sake of needing a slot-return guy that bad.
you still can go more value in according to your board.
in fact i still want that Tyler Lockett- type deep speedster and returner that we can groom and develop in the later rounds.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s 33 but could fill the void for a while. This is a strong wide receiver class coming out. I wouldn’t be opposed to taking one with our first pick if that’s the best player available.

Beaker42

Reaction score
No reason not to bring in a vet to compliment this group. The loss of Cobb hurts the offense.
Yeah - after all, whose receiving yards and TD’s will Connie Williams be able to destroy since Cobb’s gone?

Xavier187

Reaction score
Sanders would not be a bad add.
Cost to years.
Everyone says one year
But he can be had for 3 and less cash.
You could get him for 4m per with incentives.
Dont let that slip threw ur hands make the last year of the deal Team option.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Would definitely prioritize signing Sanders. Damn good WR in either #2 or #3. He can be either and has deep speed. He's probably an upgrade from Cobb who I am also a fan of. Better hands and faster.

He would make the passing game lethal if Gallup cleans up the drops a touch (Cooper too really).

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
sounds like they are going to try to pick up a WR in FA and draft defensive players. maybe and a QB

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
We can still draft a WR even if we add Sanders. Don't understand why some people think it's gotta be one or the other.

Sanders is a perfect fit with Dak. Precise route runner who gets separation quickly.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It’s easy to poopoo this idea and just take a WR in round 3 or 4, but one injury to Cooper or Gallup, and suddenly your wr group is very tenuous. If you can get a talented vet for a fair price and can afford it, do it.

Carson

Reaction score
It’s easy to poopoo this idea and just take a WR in round 3 or 4, but one injury to Cooper or Gallup, and suddenly your wr group is very tenuous. If you can get a talented vet for a fair price and can afford it, do it.

Exactly. Look at the Jets game last year without Coop and Cobb

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He’d be good as a #3.

Old but still surprisingly pricey, particularly for us in free agency. Not the kind of guy I'd expect us to even look at.

With the money to Jarwin, we've got 4 skill players planned for the offense. Unless Sanders just takes the fifth slot, bumping Pollard out of any significant role in our base offense, to me it's too much money for a part time player.

Spotrac:
Market Value
  • 2 yrs, $20,040,475
  • Avg. Salary: $10,020,237
  • NFL Rank: 156
  • WR Rank: 23

kumizi

Reaction score
I'd be ok with it. It seems obvious we are going corner and safety early in the draft unless the board falls funny.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

We definitely need a veteran backup at WR, but I expected us to go much cheaper at it. To even consider him in free agency is a big deviation from our usual bargain basement strategy.

EJK24

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having Sanders but it seems like more of a luxury when we really need a solid DT, DE, CB, or S.

I understand Cooper and Gallup are the only two proven guys but we need one of our current players to step up, maybe someone like Devin Smith.

If we get him I'd be happy to have him, it just feels like the defense is really thin right now and our resources should go there at this point.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having Sanders but it seems like more of a luxury when we really need a solid DT, DE, CB, or S.
He's a luxury for price tag, but we do need at least one cheap veteran true wideout to at least bring to camp if none of the young guys *significantly* step up.

We've been bit in the *** in a lot of years by skimping on capable WR depth. Somebody gets injured, and we're left playing guys really not ready to contribute when the season is on the line.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
5-1.git-r-done.jpg

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If Dallas & Sanders were able to strike a deal this offseason, Dallas would be able to boast one of the most complete WR's corps in the NFL w/Coop, Sanders & Gallup.

Sanders age would probably make him affordable for the Cowboys likings.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We definitely need a veteran backup at WR, but I expected us to go much cheaper at it. To even consider him in free agency is a big deviation from our usual bargain basement strategy.
We did it with Cobb last year

Status
Not open for further replies.