Twitter: Jane Slater: Cowboys interested in Emmanuel Sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I was about to post this. He’s probably asking for a good chunk. Maybe better off focusing and pursuing griffen
I'm kind of interested in seeing how they could use Pollard/Jarwin more in the slot.
Think those guys could be pretty productive if given the chance.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That was exactly what came to mind when I saw that he was "weighing his options". That instantly read to me that the money isn't where he would like it to be.

And I'm A-OK if we don;t pay the price tag that he's looking for.

Firstly, I think we can find other FA options, and secondly, the upcoming draft is an all-time strong draft for receivers. I can find one in the 4th or 5th round to be this team's #3 or lower. As a matter of fact, there's one working out at the facilities begging for a job right now.

WeDemBoyz

Reaction score
Was only ever worth it if it came on a short term bargain deal.

Lot of other good FA WRs available at those terms. We should be saving money for OL, DL or DB positions only.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I actually love the fact that theyre adding veteran leaders. This IMO was the biggest problm last yr, too many young players forced into leader roles they werent ready for. Too many inexperienced players forced into roles they shouldnt have been in.

817Gill

Reaction score
Sanders is out book it, either he’s back with the niners or he’s a swooped up by Packers/Vikes/Bucs.

A lot of twitter accounts posting this in the last 10mins, none are verified though so I won’t bother starting a new thread

Carson

Reaction score
Market seems dead for receivers now. Robby Anderson has zero market ... same with Sanders.

Teams don’t want to overpay for aging talent when you can draft somebody

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Draft a speed receiver who can play the slot instead of paying Sanders

Sign Griffen and a big NT
This is great if the player works out, but draft picks are always unknowns, even to a degree very high draft picks. The attraction with Sanders is that he is proven, but, as I'm sure is your concern, he would be expensive, especially in relation to a draft pick.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Depending on how reliable Jarwin is in being Daks outlet and Pollard being put into play we should not need Sanders to be a healthy offense. I agree with you on the CB priority. I am likely to get a WR or S in the draft.

My priorities in FA would be:
1) CB and DT
2) couple lower tier Safeties just in case
3) WR

If we can afford Sanders, Dak would be in heaven with his options I think.

Then in the draft I will either get Mckinney or a WR in the first and then if WR, I would try to trade up in the 2nd to get Delphit if he makes it that far.
He could add quite a spark to special teams though.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Draft a speed receiver who can play the slot instead of paying Sanders

Sign Griffen and a big NT
We aren't signing anymore interior linemen. I see us drafting a strong run stuffing fatty like Gallimore.He's really good, has girth and athleticism..

visionary

Reaction score
This is great if the player works out, but draft picks are always unknowns, even to a degree very high draft picks. The attraction with Sanders is that he is proven, but, as I'm sure is your concern, he would be expensive, especially in relation to a draft pick.

concern is money and building a team not just an offense

Status
Not open for further replies.