Jane Slater Cowboys scenarios for Night 1 based on what she has heard

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jane knows absolutely nothing

Trade back and take a RB with our first pick? 0 chance of happening

Eagles taking Brooks after giving a massive contract to Saquon? Lol
I could see it...Suquon has injury problems. Grabbing a cheap complimentary back as insurance, that they know we want, would seem like something they would definitely do.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jane knows absolutely nothing

Trade back and take a RB with our first pick? 0 chance of happening

Eagles taking Brooks after giving a massive contract to Saquon? Lol
Man let’s be for real this crap sounds exactly like something they would do. Not saying they will do it but I could certainly see it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I could see it...Suquon has injury problems. Grabbing a cheap complimentary back as insurance, that they know we want, would seem like something they would definitely do.
To me to invest money and a second rounder with an offensive line that has 3 of the highest paid linemen in the league? That seems to be mismanagement of roster building. I certainly can see them going running back but second round is rich…..

But they did draft a tight end with Ertz on the team already….

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To me to invest money and a second rounder with an offensive line that has 3 of the highest paid linemen in the league? That seems to be mismanagement of roster building. I certainly can see them going running back but second round is rich…..

But they did draft a tight end with Ertz on the team already….
I feel like they would do it as much to hurt us as to help them. It's kind of a win win for them

Creeper

Reaction score
Just when I thought I didn't care, I read this and I want to scream. My first reaction is this is actually the opposite of what Dallas wants to do. They leaked this to Jane to throw off other teams drafting behind them.

Giving up 2025 draft stock for 2024 draft picks would be too dumb even for Jerry and Co. They will mostly likely be picking in the top 15 in 2025, maybe even the top 10. Why give away draft picks like that this year?

Then, this nonsense about the Eagles taking a RB ahead of Dallas. The Eagles are in Dallas's brains going into the draft. Not good. Plus, why would the Eagles use a 2nd round pick on a RB after signing Barkley? Are they going to pay him top $ and then give his carries to a rookie? Or do they sit the rookie 2nd round RB. It's not like the Eagles don't need help at LB and secondary.

Jane is blowing smoke. I have been unable to get the thought that Dallas will draft an edge guy in the first out of my head, and this Jane Slater tweet has just crystalized my thought a bit more. The Cowboys are targeting a DE, and hoping he falls to them.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Here's what the Cowboys are going to do....

Trade down from 24 to late first round if they don't select at 24, pick up a fourth round pick - select a center

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I feel like they would do it as much to hurt us as to help them. It's kind of a win win for them
I’m 50/50 on that…to me it’s stupid to try and hurt a team over helping your own. Did them getting Goedert really hurt the Cowboys? Hell we traded with them so we could get Micah and they get Devonta….i think if they would get Brooks it would be because they must think highly of him…. But I am say have at it…there’s plenty of backs who can help us and they can’t get them all lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Here's what the Cowboys are going to do....

Trade down from 24 to late first round if they don't select at 24, pick up a fourth round pick - select a center
I think they are gonna stick to their 24th pick and pick someone fans think they could’ve traded down and gotten lol.

funkytown817

Reaction score
I'm all for the trade down at 24 option. Just dont take a Running back in the first round. Get one of the lineman that fall and call it a day.

But i can totally see them doing this. I can even see them just taking Brooks at 24 because all other options fail.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
kujqfoA.gif
don-draper-bourbon-drinking.gif

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
OT in the first, Brooks in the second. Dream scenario, but our Boys always surprise us...

visionary

Reaction score
A rb in a trade down? And one that's not even ready to play????

Why do I even look forward to the draft.

Also, does anyone remember what happened to our defense last year?!
And we are stupid enough to actually do it