Jane Slater Cowboys scenarios for Night 1 based on what she has heard

JBS

Reaction score
Jane knows absolutely nothing

Trade back and take a RB with our first pick? 0 chance of happening

Eagles taking Brooks after giving a massive contract to Saquon? Lol
Yeah she knows absolutely nothing. She only nails our pick every year. No big deal

Carson

Reaction score
Yeah she knows absolutely nothing. She only nails our pick every year. No big deal
She didn’t last year. I believe she nailed the Tyler Smith (who didn’t) and Trysten Hill (same here)

EJK24

Reaction score
I understand the value may be in OL/RB in the first two round but after getting gashed to death by the run game, to not address the defense seems like we are setting ourselves up failure. Scheme may help some but the talent up the middle of the defense doesn't seem to be currently. Hope we hit on some later round guys.

Carson

Reaction score
I understand the value may be in OL/RB in the first two round but after getting gashed to death by the run game, to not address the defense seems like we are setting ourselves up failure. Scheme may help some but the talent up the middle of the defense doesn't seem to be currently. Hope we hit on some later round guys.
Sweat is legit option in round 3.

I am not happy with Guyton, but Brooks and Sweat would make a good day two.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I think they are gonna stick to their 24th pick and pick someone fans think they could’ve traded down and gotten lol.
Their GM has moved within the first round four of the last five years. He’ll likely be using one or both of their 2nds to try and move up in the first to get one of the top cornerbacks.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though this guy is right....

I could see that scenario of a trade out of the first round, use your first 2nd rounder on Brooks and then hope for OL value with rest of your day 2 picks.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
A rb in a trade down? And one that's not even ready to play????

Why do I even look forward to the draft.

Also, does anyone remember what happened to our defense last year?!
Free agency is right around the time ownership forgets what our teams needs are. So anything come draft day is no longer a surprise.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
'Trade up when a tackle starts to fall and give up 2025 draft stock'

Madness, given we won't know who our HC or starting QB will be in 2025
Most likely would be someone with a top ten grade.