Jane Slater Cowboys scenarios for Night 1 based on what she has heard

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve never known her to have any inside information.

Quite the opposite in fact.

She’ll always be the reporter that stood outside the building with no idea what was happening with Jason Garrett.

And then Jay Glazer suddenly broke the Mike McCarthy story.
1pgnu6.gif

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys need to draft a RB, certainly. But they'd be better off going oline early in the draft and get their RB on day 3
Waiting until Saturday to get a RB is extremely risky. They currently don't have a 4th which means waiting until the 5th. Yikes!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So this team with holes everywhere and likely a worse record than last year year wants to trade future picks to move up in the draft? Not a sound strategy IMO.
You guys would complain no matter what they do.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Seems like they leak this on purpose... but then again this is the team that took a pic of their draft board and posted it online if I remember correctly, so you never know.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Keep in mind last year the extra special insider info was that Sam Laporta was a cowboy if he was there.

At that time they didn’t know that Jerry had the 50th best player valued as the 15th
To be fair to our hapless GM the draft committee led by McClay had the 50th best player valued at 15th.

CWR

Reaction score
Cowboys need to draft a RB, certainly. But they'd be better off going oline early in the draft and get their RB on day 3
Yup, round 2 or 3 at the earliest

1 OL
2 LB
3 RB

fivetwos

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the media often gets used to report fugazy info…and sometimes they know that’s the case.

They are not fans.

Pick any pro team from a sport you don’t follow. If you were hired to cover that team, and that was your livelihood, you’d look to keep you job before asking questions that irritate the people that are running things.

It’s how it is and Jerry knows it. Along with his guaranteed ticket sales and TV money.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I’ve never known her to have any inside information.

Quite the opposite in fact.

She’ll always be the reporter that stood outside the building with no idea what was happening with Jason Garrett.

And then Jay Glazer suddenly broke the Mike McCarthy story.

My guess is she is like Bobby Belt who has close contacts within the scouting side of the building, but yes outside of the inner circle or front office.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
A rb in a trade down? And one that's not even ready to play????

Why do I even look forward to the draft.

Also, does anyone remember what happened to our defense last year?!
Jerry seems to have forgotten about the DL.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
She didn’t predict La Porta for one. Secondly, La porta was absolutely in play

You were saying?

And La Porta was not in play. We saw the decision came down to Mazi and Bergeron. Why lie?

JBS

Reaction score

You were saying?

Are you serious hahahaha. Holy **** you are absolutely reaching

“They could reach for a guy like Sam La porta” yes that means she says Dallas is going to take La porta. *** are you on

She was bang on w all of that - Kincaid was the pick until the idiots got jumped by buf and then la porta absolutely was in play once that happened