Jane Slater Cowboys scenarios for Night 1 based on what she has heard

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Unless certain players fall, look for a trade out of the first round in order to acquire an extra 3rd.

SERIOUSLY…look out for a possible move down to 40 with the Commanders, with Quinn targeting a RT or WR. Washington would give Dallas 67 as well in that scenario.

That would give Dallas 40, 56, 67 and 87. May be ok…..if the guys they like aren’t there at 24.

Bagman

Reaction score
I understand the value may be in OL/RB in the first two round but after getting gashed to death by the run game, to not address the defense seems like we are setting ourselves up failure. Scheme may help some but the talent up the middle of the defense doesn't seem to be currently. Hope we hit on some later round guys.
Scheme is very important but we also need to address our DEs not named DeMarcus Lawrence. All our DEs are terrible against the run. Either undisciplined or just too small. Big DTs are great and I want more of them but out DEs have been really bad.

EJK24

Reaction score
Scheme is very important but we also need to address our DEs not named DeMarcus Lawrence. All our DEs are terrible against the run. Either undisciplined or just too small. Big DTs are great and I want more of them but out DEs have been really bad.
You're right. To me, after that performance against GB, I just think the defense has been severely neglected this off season when we really needed an upgrade in talent.

Verdict

Reaction score
People are not paying attention if the do not see that a QB is in play in this draft class. The Cowboys may not draft a QB but in my opinion if the Cowboys don’t draft one it will not be due to lack of trying.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m 50/50 on that…to me it’s stupid to try and hurt a team over helping your own. Did them getting Goedert really hurt the Cowboys? Hell we traded with them so we could get Micah and they get Devonta….i think if they would get Brooks it would be because they must think highly of him…. But I am say have at it…there’s plenty of backs who can help us and they can’t get them all lol.
I agree, there's backs that can be had later that can help. But if they know we want him, and they think he can help them, I think they would love to do it.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Cowboys need to draft a RB, certainly. But they'd be better off going oline early in the draft and get their RB on day 3

Reactions: CWR

Smith22

Reaction score
I'm fine trading down if draft doesn't fall our way.

Drop to 32 and grab JPJ/Frazier or Cooper while adding a late 2nd rounder.

Sydla

Reaction score
Cowboys need to draft a RB, certainly. But they'd be better off going oline early in the draft and get their RB on day 3
Just watch the magic.

Jerry will trade down from the first into the second, take a TB coming off an ACL injury first and then come back with a WR.

Prepare yourself and your fellow Eagles' fans to be depressed at what Jerry does in this draft.

Hahahaha.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe she has good sources in the building. But she gets used in a sense to put out misinformation.

I do agree the Philly tidbit doesn't make much sense to me.
I’ve never known her to have any inside information.

Quite the opposite in fact.

She’ll always be the reporter that stood outside the building with no idea what was happening with Jason Garrett.

And then Jay Glazer suddenly broke the Mike McCarthy story.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
"Based on what she's heard." Which is the same gibberish we've all heard from the brains in the FO. Nobody has a clue what these clowns will do.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I’ve never known her to have any inside information.

Quite the opposite in fact.

She’ll always be the reporter that stood outside the building with no idea what was happening with Jason Garrett.

And then Jay Glazer suddenly broke the Mike McCarthy story.
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
We take a round 1 RB (even after a trade down) and this place will be fun