Jane Slater on day 1 for the Cowboys

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We shall see soon enough.
Dallas does leak their picks to fans when it is a bad one, lol.
See VanderEsch.
they want to prepare us and reduce backlash.
If they take an injured running back in rd 1, they will be the laughing stock of the entire league!!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Broaddus is predicting Guyton if the team doesn't trade back. Hearing similar things it's Fautanu, Barton and Guyton in that order. Appears JPJ isn't being considered. Like the 1st two, but they will be long gone, I see Guyton as more of a day 2 developmental Tackle with questionable character concerns.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I do not want to trade down, and I really don't want to trade down to draft an injured RB in the 30s.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
They might have to, talk is that Fautanu is now up in the top 15 picks, Mims in the top 20. So Guyton, Jordan, Paul, if no trade up is made.

I would hate the waste of next year's picks like a 2nd to trade up this year too, it is a waste of resources but to get a bare minimum potential good LT you have to do it.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
GMAwhFrXoAA8B2O
I have been saying that Brooks is an option as our first pick. Why would the Eagles waist a second pick on running back when they gave Barkley all that money.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
If they are willing to trade up in the first in the 1st for T, why not trade up in the 2nd for Brooks? I mean waste of draft capital but better than taking Brooks at 24 or 32 or whatever.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Disagree, Jane is a legitimate Cowboy source, should take anything she says as real info from the team.
Jane is just telling us options. Everyone knows the Cowboys want Brooks. Interesting she does not have JPJ as an option.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They might have to, talk is that Fautanu is now up in the top 15 picks, Mims in the top 20. So Guyton, Jordan, Paul, if no trade up is made.

I would hate the waste of next year's picks like a 2nd to trade up this year too, it is a waste of resources but to get a bare minimum potential good LT you have to do it.
Pauline reported that Fautanu has a knee issue which have scared some of the higher teams away. How bad is the injury?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Jane is just telling us options. Everyone knows the Cowboys want Brooks. Interesting she does not have JPJ as an option.
Dane flat out said on twitter that JPJ isn't a option for the Cowboys. It appears their top 3 in order is Fautanu, Barton and Guyton.

Carson

Reaction score
Dane flat out said on twitter that JPJ isn't an option for the Cowboys. It appears their top 3 in order is Fautanu, Barton and Guyton.
So Guyton it is as the other two will be gone

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dane flat out said on twitter that JPJ isn't an option for the Cowboys. It appears their top 3 in order is Fautanu, Barton and Guyton.
What about a trade back with Washington for their two second round picks. Is that a fair trade?

Carson

Reaction score
What about a trade back with Washington for their two second round picks. Is that a fair trade?
I don’t think Dallas wants out of Round 1. They like the 5th year option and the extra year of flexibility

Hardline

Reaction score
Jane is generally wrong. I hope someone takes Brooks off our hands. The dude was a one year wonder and is injured
Brooks was putting up numbers better than Bijan Robinson and it was a basic ACL tear that will be fully healed around the time of training camp .