Jane Slater on day 1 for the Cowboys

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don’t think Dallas wants out of Round 1. They like the 5th year option and the extra year of flexibility
Two high round seconds would almost guarantee we would get a highly rated center or middle linebacker, the top rated running back and a top 10 tackle with our first 3 picks.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Broaddus is predicting Guyton if the team doesn't trade back. Hearing similar things it's Fautanu, Barton and Guyton in that order. Appears JPJ isn't being considered. Like the 1st two, but they will be long gone, I see Guyton as more of a day 2 developmental Tackle with questionable character concerns.
what are the character concerns for Guyton?

MikeT22

Reaction score
We know before lying season began that they love Brooks, the entire league knows it by now. If they drafted Brooks in rd 1, might as well turn to the NBA/NHL playoffs.
Imagine their trade down fallback option being Brooks at the bottom of the 1st. wow.

J-man

Reaction score
I maybe on an island here but I think I'd probably take Mims over Guyton. Mims may have a tiny sample size, but he showed a lot of potential.
Guyton is ok, fairly high floor and could just go to LG if need be. Maybe because of that flex is why they'd take him instead? But it seems like they would just be settling for him, because they have too take one and he's all that's left.
IMHO, Mims ceiling at LT is probably higher, I'd take the shot.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen a single person hated so much being the pick.

This board is going to meltdown with negativity tonight lol
He’s not my top choice but I don’t really understand the hate as long as there are no off field concerns. Has arguably some of the loudest traits in the draft. He needs some technique work but he gave up zero sacks so he’s not a project.

Total Pressures Allowed
Joe Alt (12 games) - 5
Patrick Paul (12 games) - 9
Olu Fashanu (12 games) - 10
Christian Jones (13 games) - 11
Tyler Guyton (10 games) - 12
Taliese Fuaga (12 games) - 12
Kingsley Suamataia (11 games) - 13
Javon Foster (13 games) - 13
Jordan Morgan (12 games) - 14
JC Latham (14 games) - 14
Roger Rosengarten (15 games) - 15
Blake Fisher (12 games) - 15
Troy Fautanu (15 games) - 23

Pass Blocking Efficiency Rating
Joe Alt - 99.1
Patrick Paul - 98.9
Christian Jones - 98.8
Roger Rosengarten - 98.7
Olu Fashanu - 98.6
Javon Foster - 98.3
Jordan Morgan - 98.3
Taliese Fuaga - 98.2
Tyler Guyton - 98.2
JC Latham - 98.1
Troy Fautanu - 97.9
Kingsley Suamataia - 97.9
Blake Fisher - 97.4

Sydla

Reaction score
By the way, is Brooks even healed enough to play at the beginning of the season?

It would be the height of hilariousness if they used a prime pick on a RB who wouldn't be available until say Oct or Nov and we run out Dowdle, Zeke (LOL) and whatever other slop we can slap together for the first 6-8 games.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Dane flat out said on twitter that JPJ isn't a option for the Cowboys. It appears their top 3 in order is Fautanu, Barton and Guyton.
if that's the case for real, strap yourself in for some Guyton @ tackle in 2024. Think the other guys will be off the board.

cnuball21

Reaction score
By the way, is Brooks even healed enough to play at the beginning of the season?

It would be the height of hilariousness if they used a prime pick on a RB who wouldn't be available until say Oct or Nov and we run out Dowdle, Zeke (LOL) and whatever other slop we can slap together for the first 6-8 games.
He’ll be ready to go, but guys coming off that injury in year 1 usually aren’t that effective. I actually saw a chart the other day that tracker YPC in year 1 after an ACL injury and it was quite a bit lower than year 2.

So yea, we’ll draft him too early.

Sydla

Reaction score
He’ll be ready to go, but guys coming off that injury in year 1 usually aren’t that effective. I actually saw a chart the other day that tracker YPC in year 1 after an ACL injury and it was quite a bit lower than year 2.

So yea, we’ll draft him too early.
Another 2nd round special. I can't tell if Jerry is stupid or just trolling us at this point with these 2nd round risk picks.

DAL1180

Reaction score
Broaddus is predicting Guyton if the team doesn't trade back. Hearing similar things it's Fautanu, Barton and Guyton in that order. Appears JPJ isn't being considered. Like the 1st two, but they will be long gone, I see Guyton as more of a day 2 developmental Tackle with questionable character concerns.
Any idea what the problem is with JPJ and the Cowboys? He seems like a perfect fit.