Jane Slater: The players defend Mike McCarthy

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Stick to schemes? They completely went against the scheme by playing zone almost exclusively when it is something that they really arent built for or that good at. On offense, we succeeded when we passed to run...so we come out early trying to run. So stupid.

lukin2006

Reaction score
thats leadership and its been missing from the cowboys since aikman left.
Dont know why people say dak is has leadership qualities cause everytime we get beat down he just sits there and has a 1000yd stare
Absolutely.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Yeah he's a players coach something like Jason Garrett. These guys need a hardnose coach.

rxande45

Reaction score

If the players felt so highly about their coach and respected his leadership then they would have showed that by their play on the field yesterday. This is nothing but damage control after the loss lol. McCarthy should be fired bc we know they are not getting rid of Dak, the big game choker.

Mannix

Reaction score
I have always called this the "Substitute teacher theory".....nobody EVER wanted the substitute teacher to go away, while you were having so much fun jacking around and doing whatever the hell you wanted to. They don't love the guy....they are just petrified of the unknown after having fun for four (4) years. And lazy Dork, just doesn't
want to be burdened with learning anything new.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I respect the job McCarthy has done but he’s had his time and yesterday was unacceptable.

Imagine keeping him and having what happened yesterday happen again and you wasted another year.

This is a no brainer.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Nice guys get fired too. Results matter. He was brought here to win playoff games.

All his rah-rah, kumbyah, player support did NOT result in wins. It may have resulted in men becoming better men— which I applaud— but it did not result in the most important metric when it comes to success as an NFL team.

We are not a church. We are not a support group. We are not a mentorship program. We are a professional football team. Period.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Mike does seem like a stand up guy.

But he failed this team at coaching the game. So did Quinn. It's not enough to be liked. We need coaches who can make us better and give us some kind advantage vs the other team

Silverstar

Reaction score
Sounds like the players want big teddy bear Mike back....awwww
Super_Soft_Premium_Quality_7_Foot_Giant_Teddy_bear__44735.1543972404.jpg

:mad:

bigE79

Reaction score
I hear ya.

I just have to have a better option in hand before I make the change.

He did win 12 games three years straight. And you can certainly do worse.
At this point stash,with the lack of playoff success we have had, doing worse might be the way to go for now..what fun is it to go 12-5 and then get humiliated like we always do.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Soft coach, soft staff, soft players .... That's why they are soft when they face bullys...

In an organization that wants to WIN, any player who defended MM need to be on Michael Irvin list (The one he gave to Jimmy, you know).

:cool:

slick325

Reaction score
I like Big Mike and believe he has done a very good job as HC of the Cowboys. Not without flaws.

I also believe that he has the players support. But, this was too embarrassing and too egregious to bring the same band back. Unfortunately, the team let Mike down and he let them down. The players let Dan Quinn down and he let them down. There have to be tangible consequences for all.

I'd love Jerry to be included on the list but the owner would never fire a GM who hasn't sniffed a conference championship game in 28 year.

CWR

Reaction score
These players can suck it.

They don't care about winning.

They want a NICE coach who caters to their every need.

I'd love nothing more than to get a hard nosed disciplinarian in here. Players coaches suck. Give me someone who doesn't tolerate their stupidity and poor effort. Mike and his team are soft.