Jane Slater: The players defend Mike McCarthy

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thats leadership and its been missing from the cowboys since aikman left.
Dont know why people say dak is has leadership qualities cause everytime we get beat down he just sits there and has a 1000yd stare
And not the kind a Marine in the bush has.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stick to schemes? They completely went against the scheme by playing zone almost exclusively when it is something that they really arent built for or that good at. On offense, we succeeded when we passed to run...so we come out early trying to run. So stupid.
Totally went to a defensive scheme that they haven't been running much.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Good old local lapdog media shilling for the team.
This is to soften the fan reaction to Jerrah bring Fat Mike back.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dak absolutely panicked. What is bad is that this is not his first rodeo and he still panics.

Mental toughness is real and being able to set aside the anxiety and fear in high stress situations is what you have to do.

Dak was clearly overwrought. You could see the "here we go again" in his eyes, body language, and performance.

I think it is silly to just blow the roster up. No way I pay $50m for that QB though.

I will also say that I think it is not as simple as Dak panicking after the first read and more of him not knowing what he is looking at in the first read. He was being fooled by the coverages. While that is on Dak it also on running an offensive scheme that defenses have been inventing robber schemes and techniques to counter for the past 50 years.

Defense was just awful. They kept on running high low looks in the middle of the field and both would be open. Joe Whitt is terrible.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I don't really care what the players think. As far as I'm concerned they can all go with him. If they really cared about McCarthy they would have showed up and been competitive in that game.
Exactly! They played yesterday like they didn’t give a about him!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
These players can suck it.

They don't care about winning.

They want a NICE coach who caters to their every need.

I'd love nothing more than to get a hard nosed disciplinarian in here. Players coaches suck. Give me someone who doesn't tolerate their stupidity and poor effort. Mike and his team are soft.
Charmin soft.
Like the Pillsbury dough boy.

Reactions: CWR

vicjagger

Reaction score
The last thing the players want is a new coach that will hold them accountable.

Not one that gives them extra time off. They earned that anyway.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Of the last three NFL regular seasons, the Dallas Cowboys have led the league in penalties twice - and were only tied for second this past season thanks to a horrible NY Jets team. I believe consistently sloppy play is the result of consistently lax and sloppy coaching.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of the last three NFL regular seasons, the Dallas Cowboys have led the league in penalties twice - and were only tied for second this past season thanks to a horrible NY Jets team. I believe consistently sloppy play is the result of consistently lax and sloppy coaching.
Yes, it is.

plymkr

Reaction score
Players are too comfortable
Need someone to light a fire, get everything they can out of them.
Big Mike seems like a good guy, but him and being a pampered Cowboy with their facilities and all don't mix when it comes to gut check time.
There was a part of me that was disappointed when Dak started the 2nd half. If Campbell catches the ball that hit him in both hands in the end zone we would have been shut out for the first half and Dak would have thrown 3 picks. I was disappointed he wasn’t benched. That would have sent a message.

Plankton

Reaction score
The last thing the players want is a new coach that will hold them accountable.

Not one that gives them extra time off. They earned that anyway.
The bolded will never happen in Dallas so long as Jerry Jones is in charge.