Jane Slater: The players defend Mike McCarthy

Ken

Reaction score
Dak panics when 1st read not there :muttley:

Which ever player said that is awesome
Probably the same player that said they love the coach who doesn't change from not using motion and runs club med.

A loser.

JustChip

Reaction score
In the CBA era you won't find this
Right. CeeDee, Dak, DLaw, Micah, etc. ain’t afraid of getting cut. They’d be signed in a heartbeat. If course, it would be a waiver claim probably by the Bears or one of the other bottom feeders.

The only thing coaches control is playing time, but that’s unduly influenced by the owner.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
We shouldn't take this lightly. Jane telling us what the players think matters to Jerry is significant.

This franchise might not be good at winning when it counts, but they play the public relations game as well as anyone.

Usually before Jerry does something unpopular, they try to condition the fans to expect it through controlled info releases to team friendly insiders. This way there's less backlash because we the fans had enough breadcrumbs to know it was coming and get comfortable with the idea. The same technique was used before the Amari Cooper trade.

Let's be very clear about what this is.This is Jerry's way of telling us Big Mike is coming back.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

phildadon86

Reaction score
I can hear it now......."we don't get punished for sleeping in meetings", "nobody talks about penalties", or "nobody questions me for being late."
To be fair. Wade tried that in 2007 and Jerry overruled him. For fining players etc. Garrett cut a guy for not adhering to the dress code on game day but wouldn’t get mad for someone being late lol

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
I don’t think that is the case. I think overall MM has done a good job. Are there potentially better coaches? Possibly but can they navigate the Jones circus?

MM has the team on the cusp. The issue the Cowboys have is 1. They have a QB that wilts in every big game. You could also argue that the defensive scheme failed as well. But how demoralizing is it to a defense to know that your QB isn’t going to start playing until the second half after he has spotted the opposing team 14 points?

Dak is NOT the guy. His issues are mental. And no amount of coaching is going to change that.

If you are going to go with Dak you need a 2000 Ravens defense and a very strong OL and very strong running game to limit Dak’s passing attempts.
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

dckid

Reaction score

This is even more reasons to move on from McCarthy. Players want to get paid millions of dollars to put up stats but not tied to results on the field. Stats and numbers eventually need to lead to success in the post season.
Jerry himself is not serious about winning. If he was he would hire the right guy and disappear from the spotlight.
As I have mentioned hundreds of times on this website. Jerry has made it already, 3 Rings, HOF, 10billion dollar franchise, printing more cash than the fed. Golden goose that will never end. He does not care, he will pay Micha, Dak, Romo, Dee, zeke, tank, Ceedee, his bottom line always goes up.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
I hope he doesn't get dez or coopered....
Don't think they could pull that one off. Still very early in his career, but it's Jerrah so you never know how far he will go to hide his mistake of not drafting a QB early for the last 34 years..

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Coddled, babied and soft.

Bring in Bill
The more I hear it the more I think it makes sense. We supposedly have the talent, everyone says this is a talented roster from top to bottom. So bring in the *** kicker coach for two years. Let him do what he wants. Super Bowl or bust! If it doesn't work, blow it up completely.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The times where the players say they did not want to play for thier current coach is few and far between.

The players all wanted to play for Jason Garrett.

People have to stop acting like this is some sort of validation.

The players will all be excited about the next coach too.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
This is all irrelevant for the most part. The question isn’t if Mike McCarthy is a good man or a good person or if he has good character or even if he’s a good coach. He’s all of those things. The question is, is he good enough to get the cowboys to the next level and competing for championships.

No one questions if the players like him.

My3Sons

Reaction score
Its the owners fault not the coach.

Those GB teams w Rodgers didnt look soft to me
Rodgers was a top 3 QB of all time and MM took him to one SB in 12 years. That is not dominant, that is a failure and why he was fired. If he can only win one with AR, that easily tells me he can't win crap with Dak.