Jane Slater: The players defend Mike McCarthy

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Interesting take on McCarthy. One of the ex-Eagles players, Hargrave I think, went to the 49ers. He said that first thing he noticed in SF was how physical and challenging the practices were. It took getting used to, but he saw how it made the team better.

Different strokes for different folks.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
blow it up

the entire roster, cosching staff, front office, ownership is losers

loses enabling losers and it showed on the field like every single year for the past almost 30 year

they didnt show up and talk about bull crap soft stuff like the culture and rest and break to call their family shut up

LOSERS!!!!!
Absolutely not, are you crazy? Mentality is fostered from the top down, not the other way around. Bring in a guy that can change the environment, that demands accountability, and had an unquestioned record of success, and were in business.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Maybe they do like McCarthy. That leaves Dan Quinn, I'm thinking the defense didn't care cause Quinn is leaving and his gameplan was to go into zone mostly when they played man most of the season.

I think it best to rebuild, from players and coaches. However, if one thing is done it has to be Quinn gone. Games like San Fran, Bills, Packers all just went up and down the field. That puts the offense into 1 dimension, Dak starts pressing and the turnovers start to happen. Snow ball effect

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
McCarthy is too soft on them. They have no fear they might get cut. We need a coach that will hold them accountable not one who coddles them.
there's a salary cap for a reason can't just cut players for any reason

infamousstyles

Reaction score
If some millionaire player egos have to be bruised and hurt for us to win, so be it. The time for coddling is over. Fans are tired of waiting on these players and this organization to figure it out.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I cant see how you move forward with McCarthy at this point. The Cowboys just got destroyed, at home, by a team that wouldnt have been in the playoffs 2 years ago.

On top of that. For McCarthy to say "we werent ready to play". Is amazing to me. Should have been fired when he said "Ill fix the penalties in the offseason."
McCarthy said he did not know what was happening in the game when he said he never saw it coming.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Being in a leadership position myself, I can tell you that it’s concerning when too many folks are quick to give praise to a boss or leader. A lot of times folks that aren’t held accountable will do so.

fivetwos

Reaction score
No one quit, although they did probably overlook GB, which is a common occurrence in Dallas in playoff games.

They just got outcoached and outschemed…yet again.

There’s serious holes in this roster and the better coaches find them and exploit them while we ‘do what we do.’

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
The players defending him doesn’t make McCarthy soft or a cupcake. It also doesn’t make it so he can’t be fired.