Jared Allen left

manster1966

Reaction score
This thread cracks me up. Same people griping that neither guy have been signed would gripe if we did.

Watch for it when they come back and do sign. It'll probably be hilarious.

I will be thrilled if They are signed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This thread cracks me up. Same people griping that neither guy have been signed would gripe if we did.

Watch for it when they come back and do sign. It'll probably be hilarious.

True the crys of Jerry over paid will be all around. I would not mind getting Allen but not at the price he is talking, for that price we could have kept Ware.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
True the crys of Jerry over paid will be all around. I would not mind getting Allen but not at the price he is talking, for that price we could have kept Ware.

Very true, but if they can get Allen on a one year deal, they can get Ware-like production in 2014 and still get the $17.5 million of cap room they'll gain in 2015 (from cutting Ware).

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
And this train of thought has brought us nothing the past decade. Constantly chasing the "missing piece" over and over.

Time to turn the page man, there is life after Tony Romo.

Oh..

I think the team has finally decided that life after Romo is much closer than they want to admit.

Look at the fact that the core of players the team had hoped to take Romo has been dismantled.

Gone is Austin, Ware, Felix Jones, Spear, TO, Guerode, Bigg, Crayton, Roy Williams, MBIII, Terrance Newman and the list goes on.

So adding a Melton or Allen is a waste to our base.

One of the critism the team has had revolves around not having a plan for the team.

I think we have found one.

Fredd

Reaction score
The plan has always been that there is no plan, with the entertaining thought of making money being the exception

KB1122

Reaction score
its not a train wreck, its finally doing what should have been done a few years ago. At some point to have a fresh dish, you hve to remove what was left on the old dish by scraping and cleaning,.

While I tend to agree, Jerry has stumbled into a rebuild, and there's a certain player with a certain giant contract that is in the way. And now that we have signed Weeden, we have presumably no room for the future qb.

I don't mean to disparage Romo. I just mean to note that we signed a contract on one assumption, and now a year later, before it even officially starts, the situation has completely changed. Now the timing is off.

The Weeden signing is a hint that the "a few players short" attitude is still there. Unlesss we brought him in to be the future.

theSHOW

Reaction score
Look folks another one who doesn't care if we remain losers for another 18 years..:

Yes, there are a lot of angry people that love to take out their frustrations on the Cowboys. I feel bad for their dogs or wives if the Cowboys start winning because you know they will have to take their frustrations out on someone. I won't even speculate on the exact cause of their personal frustrations, but it's not too difficult to guess...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't mean to disparage Romo. I just mean to note that we signed a contract on one assumption, and now a year later, before it even officially starts, the situation has completely changed. Now the timing is off.

Exactly.

The timing is off.

If those that say this is a new era of fiscal prudence to start a rebuild, it is hardly being executed very well.

You do not enter a rebuild with a financial albatross in place and a head coach on the last year of his contract.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
While I tend to agree, Jerry has stumbled into a rebuild, and there's a certain player with a certain giant contract that is in the way. And now that we have signed Weeden, we have presumably no room for the future qb.

The Weeden signing is a hint that the "a few players short" attitude is still there. Unlesss we brought him in to be the future.

check weedens contract, i dont think its that bad. I could be wrong.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Yeah Rap was saying the same thing but he's basing it on cap space, so who knows if that's accurate. They can easily make rook as we know.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
What about Will Smith on a one year deal? Wouldn't be bad as a rotational guy until they can find a few more pass rushers in the draft.