Jared Allen left

manster1966

Reaction score
yes, the division is goign to lay down again and its going to be easy to just win it all with what we have. I see nothing wrong with that blueprint.
We won't win anything with the current defense. The rest of the division is not laying down.They are at least trying to improve. Do You really want to go 8-8 every year until Romo
retires.If We are going to suck, We might as well allowed Demarcus to retire a Cowboy. It makes no sense not to use the money saved from cutting Ware.Wares contract would have been off the books within 3years anyway. Signing Melton and Allen to 5 and 3 years would have Allen off the books when Romo is gone anyway. We will always be around .500 with Romo on the roster. Why not go all in for a few years. I can handle a few 5 win seasons if I had a chance to at least watch a few playoff wins before it happened.

Aven8

Reaction score
For better or worse We are tied to Romo the next few years. We might as well go all in and try to win now. This includes improving the defense with quality players. We can go in full rebuild mode when Romo leaves. We can cut dead weight then and hope to get lucky and find a qb with a hight first round pick.

My point as well.
Btw what's wrong with Allen mulling it over with his wife anyway? This is his last rodeo and I'm sure she cares where they are going to live for the next couple of years. He just made $69 million from Minny and can do whatever he wants.

theSHOW

Reaction score
We need to just overpay for Melton and sign Ayers for pretty cheap. That's the most realistic option we have at this point. Allen is gonna want similar deals that Ware/Peppers got, and we don't need to invest that much money in a guy that's 32. With Ayers/Melton you get two younger guys that will be starters and possibly big contributors, especially Melton. Plus it gives us more flexibility in the draft. If we sign nothing but no name scrubs, we'll be forced to take d-lineman in the first few rounds, which disables us from being able to fix out secondary.

We don't need to overpay for anybody. Sign mid level and ,low tier linemen to replace the scrubs from mommas couch last season and draft defense.

manster1966

Reaction score
Why? So the defense will be good when Romo is gone? Mid and low tier lineman will mean the defense will set records of futility that will never be broken.Counting on the draft for 4 new starters?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the past Jerry would have drastically overpaid them in this situation. It appears the Cowboys are now conducting business in a more standard method for an NFL team.

This is certainly true. A change in culture is happening and most don't even see it due to their blind hatrid of those running the ship.

Common Sense

Reaction score
He was trolling. Mentioning Frank Kearse was the equivalent of throwing a stink bomb in a closed room and running off giggling.

Funny thing is, a lot of Carolina fans considered Kearse a better player than McClain when he was there.

chicago JK

Reaction score
No reason for either side to sign now. In all likelihood Allen would only be here for a year and Dallas is not a player or two away. Although I would certainly revisit signing him after the draft is the price is right.

I just have a bad feeling we will be looking for the replacement for Ware and Romo ( when he is gone) for a long time.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is certainly true. A change in culture is happening and most don't even see it due to their blind hatrid of those running the ship.

Yes, there are a lot of angry people that love to take out their frustrations on the Cowboys. I feel bad for their dogs or wives if the Cowboys start winning because you know they will have to take their frustrations out on someone. I won't even speculate on the exact cause of their personal frustrations, but it's not too difficult to guess...

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Well, if we can't outbid Cincy for the likes of him, all is lost in BigD.

Folks, you heard it here first. Pack it in. Season is lost. See ya in 2015, maybe.

Thank TinyD for his input on your way out. :rolleyes:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ahh yes, the infamous "Change in culture". Just like when Garrett took over the full time job, I assume.

I was referring to the decisions made with Ware, Austin, Allen and Melton. Cutting those who should be cut and not overpaying as we have historically done with those type of players. Frankly I'm shocked at Jerry. I openly question if he stopped drinking.

chagus

Reaction score
Anyone else think of this song too? No? Just me? ok

independence-day-meme-generator-release-me-fc3c59.jpg

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Yes, there are a lot of angry people that love to take out their frustrations on the Cowboys. I feel bad for their dogs or wives if the Cowboys start winning because you know they will have to take their frustrations out on someone. I won't even speculate on the exact cause of their personal frustrations, but it's not too difficult to guess...

lol This is so funny, but, so true!

(my post of the day)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I was referring to the decisions made with Ware, Austin, Allen and Melton. Cutting those who should be cut and not overpaying as we have historically done with those type of players. Frankly I'm shocked at Jerry. I openly question if he stopped drinking.

I agree, there is not new shinny FA move right now it is mid level guys they are not stars but solid players with experiance. We paid a boat load on defense and what has the results been? Dallas will build through the draft and will mid level players.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This thread cracks me up. Same people griping that neither guy have been signed would gripe if we did.

Watch for it when they come back and do sign. It'll probably be hilarious.

coult44

Reaction score
We don't need to overpay for anybody. Sign mid level and ,low tier linemen to replace the scrubs from mommas couch last season and draft defense.

Look folks another one who doesn't care if we remain losers for another 18 years..: