Jason Garret being interviewed today for Giants OC

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'd almost feel bad for the Giants being stuck with a Jason Garrett offense. No one deserves that - especially Romo, Dez, Austin, Murray and all the other careers he wasted.
Funny, while we never did well in the playoffs and didn't win a title, and while Garrett proved to be a weak HC, his offense set records and HOF stats for Romo, made a star of Austin, set records for Dez, and produced the all time Dallas rushing record for a season with Murray.

You have to separate his HC issues from his offense and play-calling. Even when Jerry took that away from him, the offense was humming....the problem was he couldn't multi-task and was making game management errors.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how he does free from the cancer of the Jones family.

So interested by this.

I chuckle a bit at Sean Payton and Mike Zimmer. Zimmer, in particular, was run out of town. Pretty good football coach

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
MEANWHILE....
3m7te9.jpg

Come on baby!!
It's like a horse race huh?! :lmao:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Packers fans posted the same thing about McCarthy when wer hired him.

Uh oh.

1. McCarthy has WAY more skins on the wall than Garrett. He gets more of the benefit of the doubt.
2. Two sides to every story. Rodgers made his feelings known-- MM took the high road and hasn't throw AR or Thompson (GM) under the bus despite some issues obviously being there.
3. He took a year off and reflected on himself as a coach in order to improve. He is humbled, hungry, and grateful for the opportunity in BigD. IMO-- Garrett would benefit from taking a year off himself and work on his philosophy before just jumping into a new role in a new organization.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Agree. I hope he does well against everybody except us.
He is very smart guy with a good personality . Jerry took advantage and start muddling with the team.
I think he will do better with NYG .

HungryLion

Reaction score
The hate on Garrett is real, but only those who don't really know anything would say our offense wasn't good back when he was the OC. He was very successful and improved our offense into the top 5 in a short time. Take everything off his plate and let him get back to X's and O's and calling the plays.
He will pass a lot....he will be calling plays with the mind of a QB, yet he's been part of an offense with a great RB.

If he gets hired, and that's a big IF because he hasn't called plays in a while, he will do a good job. The new head coach, I'm sure, wants veteran coaches for OC and DC right now.

he had a top 5 QB. A hall of fame tight end and a top 3 receiver of all time.

He was nothing special as an OC.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Well I hope Garrett actually controls that offense 100% so that the Cowboys Defense can say "we knew exactly what they were going to do" after a blowout Cowboys win.

It sure would be nice to be on the other side of THAT coin.
:grin:

Dunks3001

Reaction score
OC role? Must be some mistake. I was under the impression half the league would fire their HC just to bring JG in because he's that good and would be the number one hot commodity out there

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Can’t be true . The Lynch Mob said he’d never coach in the NFL again. Lol