Jason Garrett by the numbers

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
7 seasons as HC
2 playoff appearances
1 playoff win
2/3* winning seasons (2017 could either be another 8-8 or 9-7)

2017:

Cowboys went 10 quarters without scoring a TD. Club record.
Scored single digits in 3 straight games. Club record.
Lost to a team who had more penalty yardage than offensive yardage. Club record.
4 losses by over 20 points.
8 sacks in 1 game. The most given up by any Cowboy team since 1991.

9 head coaches still have their job since Garrett became the full time HC in 2011:
6 have won Super Bowls and 7 have appeared in the Super Bowl. Marvin Lewis and Jason Garrett are the odd men out.

He and Marvin Lewis works in same type KO set up ( Owner/GM ) .........coincidence?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Garrett is the only Dallas Cowboys coach ever to :
1. lose a game when leading by 14 in 4th qtr (jets 2011)

2. lose a game after leading by 24 (detroit 2011)....did a similar repeat of this later in GB 2013 game

3. The Cowboys (JG) established a new franchise low in rushing touchdowns in the 2011 season with five, which included a rushing TD by Romo himself

4. ice his kicker on a winning kick and lose the game....Arizona 2011

5. lose 3 win or go home games in a row

6. have 3 non winning seasons in a row, (tied with Campo) also coach Landry when the franchise was first created

7. go 8-8 3 seasons in a row

8. had the worst defense in franchise history
Thank you BigD5 for the depressing, but true history lesson. If you don’t know your history, you are bound to repeat it. Come on Jerry, you know Garrett’s pathetic history. Garrett is the problem!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Am waiting in anticipation for Idgit or the last few remaining Garret supporters to come here and just dismiss all this as unimportant details.

"You WILL NOT QUESTION THE PROCESS"
No matter what there is always that 1%, well in Garrett’s case that 1/2 of 1%. Sadly, Garrett’s step dad, Jerry is one of those.

RS12

Reaction score
I’ve made this point before, and I’ll do it again: If I had told you after the 2010 season that Garrett would have all of two playoff seasons and one playoff win at the conclusion of his seventh year, a certain contingent of posters would’ve accused me of being a troll.
I wouldnt.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
33748_scr.jpg

Aven8

Reaction score
Do not fear my friends......we are going to replace Dooley and a couple of quality control guys and this thing is going to turn around!

You'll see. ;)

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Garrett is the only Dallas Cowboys coach ever to :
1. lose a game when leading by 14 in 4th qtr (jets 2011)

2. lose a game after leading by 24 (detroit 2011)....did a similar repeat of this later in GB 2013 game

3. The Cowboys (JG) established a new franchise low in rushing touchdowns in the 2011 season with five, which included a rushing TD by Romo himself

4. ice his kicker on a winning kick and lose the game....Arizona 2011

5. lose 3 win or go home games in a row

6. have 3 non winning seasons in a row, (tied with Campo) also coach Landry when the franchise was first created

7. go 8-8 3 seasons in a row

8. had the worst defense in franchise history
Lost to 3 of 4 rookie head coaches, and would have lost to the fourth had they played at the end of the season instead of the beginning.