Jason Garrett Interviewing with Chargers

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just waiting for this "Link" you requested!
My breath... is bated.

He doesn’t know how to search for old posts. And he’s got the memory of an Apple IIe and doesn’t know better.

But it’s still fun to watch him backpedal on the HC topic while pretending there’s nothing to see here. Lol.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He doesn’t know how to search for old posts. And he’s got the memory of an Apple IIe and doesn’t know better.

But it’s still fun to watch him backpedal on the HC topic while pretending there’s nothing to see here. Lol.
Don't ruin my rising anticipation!

This is like Christmas Eve...

Havic

Reaction score
Its just like this organization to be interviewing Garrett. He could be the hire and like AlantaCowboy said, Rooney rule is covered!

fansince68

Reaction score
If we trade Gallop. Lets trade him to the Chargers for their 1st Rd pick in 2022. High probability it will be top ten with Garret at the helm.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
They'd be insane to hire him over Daboll. But hey, he's thinner and better spoken and went to Princeton. In some places that trumps performance.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
You guys can laugh all you want. He has ended the Cowboys season so many times.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They'd be insane to hire him over Daboll. But hey, he's thinner and better spoken and went to Princeton. In some places that trumps performance.

They’re just waiting on Daboll. With his ties to Telesco and his work with Allen in BUF, that’s a pretty obvious hire, and a great fit.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You can't tell me some of you wouldn't be entertained to see how he would do with another franchise? I know I would. lol

nobody

Reaction score
It's inevitable Garrett's coaching career post-Cowboys will get mentioned and discussed here at CZ (and other fan sites)
His HC tenure in Dallas is second all-time in these categories:
No. of seasons___10 (3rd - Johnson @ 5)
No. of regular season games____152 (3rd - Johnson @ 80)
No. of regular season wins___85 (3rd - Johnsom @ 44)
Regular season winning pct.
Switzer___ .625
Phillips____.607
Landry____.605
Gailey_____.563
Garrett____.559
Johnson___.550
Parcels____.531
Campo____.313

You know, the number of seasons and number of regular season games are because of Jerry's stubborn nature and not Garret's excellence as a coach. Johnson would have more than he did, but Jones got butt-hurt about credit.... And sure, Garrett's regular season win-percentage is decent....but what's the post-season? Garrett continued to use an outdated system and refused to adjust. He rightly got canned. Get over it.

Motorola

Reaction score
You know, the number of seasons and number of regular season games are because of Jerry's stubborn nature and not Garret's excellence as a coach. Johnson would have more than he did, but Jones got butt-hurt about credit.... And sure, Garrett's regular season win-percentage is decent....but what's the post-season? Garrett continued to use an outdated system and refused to adjust. He rightly got canned. Get over it.
Never was a Garrett supporter (was hoping he would accept the Falcons job), but because of his father's longtime association with franchise, Garrett was Jones choice. You are one of these commenters that don't comprehend well what you read. Nothing in my post stated that I was pro-Garrett - I just put up his coaching record --didn't say it was great or very good. The information just shows Jones kept him as HC long enough to have higher numbers than other Cowboys coaches. Did not say he was better than any of them.
Just like former Cowboys players get discussed here in CZ - Dez and Beasley yesterday as their teams went against each other in the playoff game, former Cowboys coaches in the news will get discussed by members here. As you see, some other CZ member created the thread about Garrett. (I would never do that.) most of them are negative for Garrett. I feel the same way. This past season he was mostly bad as Giants OC. Reports are that Brian Diboll is the front runner for the Chargers HC position. Good for that team--hiring Garrett would be a mistake.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You can't tell me some of you wouldn't be entertained to see how he would do with another franchise? I know I would. lol
No, the Lynch Mob for Garrett don’t want to see him have any success. It might prove they were all wrong about him which is more important than anything else. Lol

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I have nothing against Garrett as a human being, but if I were a Chargers fan, I would be wearing a garlic necklace and holding up a crucifix right about now.