Jason Garrett Interviewing with Chargers

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett's offense was mildly/moderately functional with franchise QB's like Romo and Prescott. It was an absolute dumpster fire with anyone else. It also set franchise records for lows at times even with those QB's. If I had a top rookie QB fresh out of college, I wouldn't want Garrett coaching him during his first real NFL off-season.

And Romo was developed under Parcells/Payton and Dak has been good at the NFL level since he started against the Rams in preseason.

But those who try to prop up the failure of Jason Garrett will try to lie and tell you that Garrett developed either of them.

Garrett 'developed' guys like Stephen McGee and Dustin Vaughn.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In case anybody sensible reads this, I never said that. It’s just something dumb Roy keeps saying.

And I think there was one or two HC gigs open last season when Garrett was released, and both were in negotiations with their candidates already. He landed a coordinator position almost immediately. You simply are clueless on this subject. Still. Somehow. Embarrassing.
Trolls become too invested in being right than sensible or truthful. They think if they can repeat their views and spin the facts enough they become true. And if you call them on it then begin insulting attempting to discredit messenger which is basically admitting defeat or end to discussion. All troll like behavior.

This site could be much more enjoyable without the contempt amongst fans who have differing opinions who take it to such extremes personally in such a childish manner.

I’ve already seen one forum crumble as a result by letting a vocal minority dominate civil dialogue where the average poster stayed away and traffic faded. The divide and conquer approach and only the strong survive is not a healthy environment for a fan forum.

Batman1980

Reaction score
People either like Garrett or they don't that's fine. Doesn't mean you have to attack others over it. I hope for the sake of Herbert that the Chargers select someone else. He's probably good to go regardless of the coaching but just to be safe lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Payton discovered Romo. And Parcells gave him a shot. But if you believe Romo was fully developed after the 2006 season then you interpret his progress over the years differently than most analyst.

And while Dak had immediate success , he’s also progressed from the inaugural season. This is why NY hired him and the Chargers are interested.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing you should be saying is that you were wrong about Garrett getting hired as a HC last year. All of us that doubted or said it wouldnt happen nailed it.

Now as far as NEVER, are you really that desperate? I guess you would be.

Again. I never said this. This is a lie you trot out and never back up when called out on it. I invite you to support it again if you can.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Chargers had several very key players miss the entire year. I think Linn got screwed a bit. This team is about to rise, and I would hate for Ginger to get a ride on that boat.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dude, lighten up it was a joke, like everyone else says about it. However you choose me to attack about it but know one else. Don't take everything so personal or serious.
Guess you have no sense of humor.
I know there are reasons coaches clap. As I said, it was a joke, but I see how you are. So stop responding.

You are nowhere close to understanding the point I was making. Now see if you can follow along. Youv'e said that you know other coaches clap and you say you know why they clap, but the only one as you say you make a joke about is Garrett. So that actually appears as if it's really not a joke but an intended rip on Garrett so I asked if you make a joke or rip on Garrett are you going to do the same for all the other coaches that do it. You then got all upset about me calling you on this and my guess is it was because I saw that in reality it was not a joke but an intended rip on Garrett. It's funny, not ha ha funny, that people here make their comments about Garrett clapping but not single one of them have ever mention that Jimmy Johnson used to do it too.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
HAHA...thought the same thing. Can you imagine having a rookie performance like Herbert had as a fan then hearing the awful news of a Garrett interview? Justifiable self-homicide. LOL
I would demand a trade.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Garrett might be a very good head coach. We dont know because he has been handcuffed with this dysfunctional organization.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Again. I never said this. This is a lie you trot out and never back up when called out on it. I invite you to support it again if you can.

Liar idgiot. To deny it is futile. You are the board Garrett apologist. But keep doing it. Shows what you really are and how embarrassed you truly are over your garrett apocalypse.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It's all about the QB with Garrett. Daniel Jones has been raving about working with Garrett and that is what will save him NY if a HC gig does not happen.

cern

Reaction score
i am more concerned with our coaching staff than garrett's future coaching opportunities.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are nowhere close to understanding the point I was making. Now see if you can follow along. Youv'e said that you know other coaches clap and you say you know why they clap, but the only one as you say you make a joke about is Garrett. So that actually appears as if it's really not a joke but an intended rip on Garrett so I asked if you make a joke or rip on Garrett are you going to do the same for all the other coaches that do it. You then got all upset about me calling you on this and my guess is it was because I saw that in reality it was not a joke but an intended rip on Garrett. It's funny, not ha ha funny, that people here make their comments about Garrett clapping but not single one of them have ever mention that Jimmy Johnson used to do it too.

As I said you have no sense of humor. You are trying to argue something that is not there. Now move along to your next foolishness. As I said you are attacking myself only on anything that is posted. You are the one that needs to follow along.

IT WAS A JOKE....GET IT? EVERYONE ELSE DID BUT YOU!!!

Motorola

Reaction score
i am more concerned with our coaching staff than garrett's future coaching opportunities.
It's inevitable Garrett's coaching career post-Cowboys will get mentioned and discussed here at CZ (and other fan sites)
His HC tenure in Dallas is second all-time in these categories:
No. of seasons___10 (3rd - Johnson @ 5)
No. of regular season games____152 (3rd - Johnson @ 80)
No. of regular season wins___85 (3rd - Johnsom @ 44)
Regular season winning pct.
Switzer___ .625
Phillips____.607
Landry____.605
Gailey_____.563
Garrett____.559
Johnson___.550
Parcels____.531
Campo____.313

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Garrett needed to be gone.

The game clearly passed him by and I still think that.

Whats Daniel Jones supposed to say??

I couldn't care less.

What bothers me is I'm not sure Jerry didn't replace him with the same exact type of guy.

But hey, just as long as he is comfortable and can have fun is the main idea yes?