Jason Garrett Interviewing with Chargers

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I wonder, if I went looking, if I could find you boldly proclaiming nobody would have any interest in him as a HC as emphatically as you’re now proclaiming an interested team definitely won’t hire him?

And for the record, I already know why you don’t see what I do. It’s just not nice for me to say why that is. What I *can* say is that there are fewer and fewer of you each week for a reason.

“Anybody can get an interview” for an NFL coaching vacancy. Lol.

The only thing you should be saying is that you were wrong about Garrett getting hired as a HC last year. All of us that doubted or said it wouldnt happen nailed it.

Now as far as NEVER, are you really that desperate? I guess you would be.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
.....Despite losing Barkley and Jones out several games and being at the bottom of the league in offense NY was able to hold together enough to stay in contention for the division until the final week......
And to think this amazing success story was amassed in a division where none of the teams, not even 1 of the NFCE teams attained a .500 winning percentage. The best record in the NFCE was WFT with 7-9. Wow!
And despite the tremendous talent level of the NFCE, Garrett kept the Giants in "contention for the division till the final week!" :huh:

stiletto

Reaction score
Poor Hebert!!! To have your career looking so promising and then have Garrett be hired to run the show. What a life blow to his career.

HAHA...thought the same thing. Can you imagine having a rookie performance like Herbert had as a fan then hearing the awful news of a Garrett interview? Justifiable self-homicide. LOL

Batman1980

Reaction score
HAHA...thought the same thing. Can you imagine having a rookie performance like Herbert had as a fan then hearing the awful news of a Garrett interview? Justifiable self-homicide. LOL

Yeah I just can't believe after everything the NFL has seen since 2006 that anyone with a brain in the league thinks Jason should have a job doing anything but clapping.

stiletto

Reaction score
Yeah I just can't believe after everything the NFL has seen since 2006 that anyone with a brain in the league thinks Jason should have a job doing anything but clapping.

He spit sometimes too and moved his microphone up....

Motorola

Reaction score
I said this last year when people told me Garrett would never get a head coaching job again...most people in sports know Garrett did a good job knowing he had to deal with meddling Jerry and Stephen. I don’t know if he gets this job but he’s gonna get a chance to head coach somewhere..and I would be shocked if he didn’t have at least moderate success.
Moderate success ....duplicating his 85-67 regular season, 2-3 in playoffs as Cowboys HC?

Motorola

Reaction score
Rappaport is pushing a storyline from Garrett’s agent. No serious reporter would say Garrett has only one losing season without pointing out he also was bad in the playoffs, the few times he even made it.
Also not mentioning the one 9-7 and four 8-8 seasons.
Four postseason berths-- 2 wildcard round losses, 2 wildcard wins, 2 divisional round losses = 2-4 overall

Motorola

Reaction score
Say what you want about Garrettm but I liked him as our coach and I wouldn't have fired him last season.
His last 6 seasons as our coach he won 9.3 games per season, players loved him, the coaching staff was very stable and we played competitive football with him.
Under Mike McCarthy we are looking like the Dave Campo team. I'll always root for JG, he is not only a good football mind, he is also a good guy.
And the playoffs record for that 6-season stretch?
2014___ 1-1
2015____no postseason
2016____0-1
2017____no postseason
2018____1-1
2019____no postseason

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I laughed at you and will continue to laugh at your prediction that teams would be lining up to make him their new HC last year.
I

In case anybody sensible reads this, I never said that. It’s just something dumb Roy keeps saying.

And I think there was one or two HC gigs open last season when Garrett was released, and both were in negotiations with their candidates already. He landed a coordinator position almost immediately. You simply are clueless on this subject. Still. Somehow. Embarrassing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How disgraceful for Cowboy fans to have such contempt for an ex Cowboy player who wears a SB ring and former coach who did all he could to try and overcome the most dysfunctional organization with more class than any of you have.

No Cowboy fan I’ve ever known root against our own with such vitriol. Only opposing fans and trolls.

Some of our greatest Cowboys like Jimmy and Troy speak highly and support him but instead we should listen to some anonymous yahoo’s on a fan forum. This site sometimes is like peeking in on a bunch of immature kids.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Jason Garrett was a failure here as a HC who was held onto well past time for him to leave. He is now a NY Giant and I dislike him even more.

Batman1980

Reaction score

Garrett's offense was mildly/moderately functional with franchise QB's like Romo and Prescott. It was an absolute dumpster fire with anyone else. It also set franchise records for lows at times even with those QB's. If I had a top rookie QB fresh out of college, I wouldn't want Garrett coaching him during his first real NFL off-season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How disgraceful for Cowboy fans to have such contempt for an ex Cowboy player who wears a SB ring and former coach who did all he could to try and overcome the most dysfunctional organization with more class than any of you have.

No Cowboy fan I’ve ever known root against our own with such vitriol. Only opposing fans and trolls.

Some of our greatest Cowboys like Jimmy and Troy speak highly and support him but instead we should listen to some anonymous yahoo’s on a fan forum. This site sometimes is like peeking in on a bunch of immature kids.

tenor.gif