Twitter: Jason Garrett named Giants OC

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think it is a good hire for the Giants. They have no answers for Dallas so by hiring Garrett, they at least will have someone there who can help them attack the weaknesses of this team. Don't be surprised if the Giants steal one from Dallas just because they know more about them now than they have ever before.

Maybe they'll know more personnelwise, but the schemes will be different, especially on defense.

Praxit

Reaction score
..wow, didnt see that coming. I really thought the guy had no balls for change. Should be an interesting scenario playing out.

pansophy

Reaction score
Everybody and their mother knew he'd be available. If the Giants or any other teams really wanted him, they would have waited. The fact that Gints din't even wait for JG and hired a coach that no one even knew about, tells you all you need to know about what they thought of JG as a HC.

If the teams knew Bellichic would be available, they would have all waited to hire him.
You may be right about that. We’ll see. It will be interesting to see what he does with the Giants offense. With Barkley I bet they do pretty well.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You better believe he’ll come after us. Wouldn’t be surprised if he wins more than he loses against the cowboys.

Been nice if Garrett would have had that same mad dog come after you attitude against Philly's practice squad.:rolleyes:

He might still be HC here if he did, just saying.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
I’m sure many of the Broadway shows will appreciate his clapping talent.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hahahahhhahhahaahha

And he does a fantastic job of making in-game adjustments.’

Cat_laughing.jpg

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The best predictor of future behavior is relevant past behavior. Watch out coach, Garrett is coming for you! 8-8

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The Red head devil will do fine. He got to learn on the job as and OC and a HC. So he will give the Giants what he did not give the Cowboys.

I see he never had any loyalty going to a NFC East team. Jimmy Johnson went to the Dolphins, Son of a Bum Phillips went to the Texans. Good hire Jerry Jones. What a Dumbo GM.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Told y’all

It’s hilarious that so many here thought he’d be out of work for any length of time at all.

Everybody said he would not get a job as an NFL head coach despite Jerry saying 5 teams were lining up to hand him offers.

That was true, he did not get a HC job...…………instead he took a demotion to coordinator level.

Very rare to see a head coach with 10 yrs experience take a demotion to a coordinator job under a rookie HC. Most just sit out till next HC chance, like McCarthy did. Kinda embarrassing to demote yourself like that, cant think of any other established HC that took a demotion only 3 days after getting officially chit canned.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Good luck, Jason...and yea, let the chips fall as they may.

MS17

Reaction score
I have a couple of friends who are Giants fans. I sent condolences to them as soon as I heard.