Twitter: Jason Garrett never started 1-3

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If he continues on his current trajectory, they will rightly run him out of New York on a rail after one year on the job. That said, a one week turnaround against our sorry defense wouldn't shock me either. Right now, we make everyone look good.
I was just thinking.....if some solid young candidates come up next season....I don't see how he makes it.

And yeah I'm expecting a shoot out until further notice. Sad what this has come to.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was just thinking.....if some solid young candidates come up next season....I don't see how he makes it.

Would you be shocked at this point if Judge fired him before the end of this season? I doubt a first year, first time head coach would admit such a huge mistake so early, but on the other hand, the first step towards fixing a problem is admitting you have one.

And yeah I'm expecting a shoot out until further notice. Sad what this has come to.

Our defense makes everyone look good, no matter what they do well, or what they don't do well. We give up everything.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Would you be shocked at this point if Judge fired him before the end of this season? I doubt a first year, first time head coach would admit such a huge mistake so early, but on the other hand, the first step towards fixing a problem is admitting you have one.

Our defense makes everyone look good, no matter what they do well, or what they don't do well. We give up everything.
I think I'd be shocked if they did it in-season but if they sit here a game or two out of 1st place in the next few months? I could see it actually.

CWR

Reaction score
I could go off track record alone and say MM is clearly a better coach, that however would be ignoring the fact he had an all time great at QB.

How many of yall credit Barry Switzer for his superbowl?

As of now, and it's extremely premature, MM has been worse than JG. I dont regret letting JG go one bit though. He had the better part of a decade to put his stamp on the team and win a championship. He couldn't get it done. We saw the best he could do, and it wasn't good enough. That doesn't mean MM was a good hire, it means JG needed to go.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think I'd be shocked if they did it in-season but if they sit here a game or two out of 1st place in the next few months? I could see it actually.

It would truly be a fitting end!
:laugh:

SSoup

Reaction score
There's a reason he earned himself a ticket out of Green Bay and there's a reason they're easily much better even with their newer, less experienced coach. Because experience isn't that valuable when it's attached to a guy whose act already provably went stale and stopped working so well.

That said, with the talent we have on offense and the fact that our division is garbage, it wouldn't take much for the team to win despite McCarthy.

It's very possible (maybe even likely) that with a full season of evaluation under his belt and finally having a normal offseason next year, Fassel might complete the turnaround or overhaul of our special teams and our special teams will finally become actually good. That alone would be very big as we start the process of no longer screwing ourselves in the field position battle constantly.

Couple that with the fact that we'll almost surely be devoting our energy and resources to the defensive side of the ball, and it's not crazy to expect the defense to quickly rise to the level of being average and more or less competent.

Pair our offense with reliably good special teams and, say, the 16th or 17th best defense (such that we're middle of the road but not a nightmare)?

cowboyed

Reaction score
Yes the team has to keep trying but this idea that Gregory who didn't do much when he played is going to be a spark now is just fooling yourself. Smith before his suspension was a beast and as you say is playing just about as good as he left off, Gregory was not.a beast so if he plays just about as good as he left off would make him even less of not being a beast. Now I hope he can make it but if he does he will again just be a rotational player.

Two different kinds of pass rushers. Smith is beastly and more of a power rusher, Randy Gregory, is very quick and ridiculously agile. Smith came back from a football layoff of 5 years and that is impressive. He had personal issues as well and got it together. I don't know how I am fooling myself. A spark on the defensive line is not a fire tornado. Just hoping for the best for Randy Gregory.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Two different kinds of pass rushers. Smith is beastly and more of a power rusher, Randy Gregory, is very quick and ridiculously agile. Smith came back from a football layoff of 5 years and that is impressive. He had personal issues as well and got it together. I don't know how I am fooling myself. A spark on the defensive line is not a fire tornado. Just hoping for the best for Randy Gregory.

OK I won't use beast. Smith before his suspension was very good. Gregory before his suspension was not really good therefore to put a bunch of hope that he is going to be some big spark to ignite this defense is just fooling yourself. I hope he can make some kind of contribution but I'm also not holding my breath.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score

Mike McCarthy off to a great start.....

And no, I'm not saying Jason Garrett shouldn't have been fired.

But McCarthy sucks, I don't care what anyone says.

But Garrett had a tough time finishing strong. Maybe Riverboat Mike will be a strong finisher.