Twitter: Jason Garrett never started 1-3

blueblood70

Reaction score

Mike McCarthy off to a great start.....

And no, I'm not saying Jason Garrett shouldn't have been fired.

But McCarthy sucks, I don't care what anyone says.

you suk and idc what anyone says

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
People can think he sucks (i didnt care for the hire either) but Garrett is much worse. Do we not remember Mcarthy beating Garrett with Matt Flynn? :lmao:

For all the things Garrett did wrong at least the Cowboys under Garrett never started 1-3. I'm not saying the Cowboys should fire McCarthy but I am saying that we've seen enough of this complicated convoluted defense and it might be time for McCarthy to fire Nolan. I think that would calm a lot of the criticism of McCarthy.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
For all the things Garrett did wrong at least the Cowboys under Garrett never started 1-3. I'm not saying the Cowboys should fire McCarthy but I am saying that we've seen enough of this complicated convoluted defense and it might be time for McCarthy to fire Nolan. I think that would calm a lot of the criticism of McCarthy.
2015 was the worse coaching ive ever seen in my life. 1-3 2-2 whatever. And him in NY is speaking volumes when Pat Shumur with not many weapons has Denver looking better than Garrett his offensive replacement

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
2015 was the worse coaching ive ever seen in my life. 1-3 2-2 whatever. And him in NY is speaking volumes when Pat Shumur with not many weapons has Denver looking better than Garrett his offensive replacement

Whatever. That doesn't change the fact that Garrett never started the 1st 4 games 1-3 or a losing record. 2-2 gives more hope that things might turn around than a 1-3 especially when the offense is scoring so many points and still losing.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett didn't get his deal renewed not because of how he started but how he finished.

Comparing this season to any of Garrett's is a little ridiculous and unfair.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’ll put more stock in this once NFL seasons are only 4 games long.

Until then I’ll at least give McCarthy the full season before I Judge him on the product.

Praxit

Reaction score
....no HC leaves his QB to take 5 sacks from same guy, same game. Garrett does.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I would hold off for a few more games. And see if this defensive scheme gets completely in the head of the players. And we will have some key players coming back from injuries. Randy Gregory getting on that defensive front will recharge this defensive front along with Aldon Smith.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And so far McCarthy hasn't gone 4-12. The key is how things look at the end, not after 4 games. If this team ends up 3-13 then we can say "Garrett never did that". I doubt that's what will happen.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

Garrett also inherited a championship-caliber team both offense and defense.

McCarthy inherited a trash heap leftover by Garrett.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Why don't you expand on 2015, when Garrett lost 8 of 9 games after the 2-0 start? The year he should have been canned. Like Wade was in 2010 for the same thing.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Garrett also inherited a championship-caliber team both offense and defense.

McCarthy inherited a trash heap leftover by Garrett.

This defense was not championship caliber except maybe 2007. As a head coach, these defenses were bad.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Garrett should have been fired the same day Wade Phillips was.

The sad thing is, this team got life when wade was fired and Jason finished 5-3 to finish the year. He parlayed that stretch into being the HC for the entire decade of the 2010s. Unreal. Many think Jason purposely sabotaged this offense to get Wade fired. I would not put it past him. Jason is very selfish and egotistical. Don't let the "awww shucks" approach he has fool you.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This defense was not championship caliber except maybe 2007. As a head coach, these defenses were bad.

I meant to say that Garrett inherited a very good "playoff caliber" team.

That defense was way better than what we have now. 4 players made it to the probowl. Jay Ratliff, Demarcus Ware, and both our corners.

Garrett inherited a very good team compared to what McCarthy got.

Garrett should have been fired also for such a miserable offense when Wade was fired. He was part of the 0-8 debacle during Wade's term.