Jason Garrett on the open market

dupree89

Reaction score
Wade fired Garret named interim HC. Team goes 5-3 with Kitna. Why? Adjusted playcalling to benefit back up QB. Go figure lol. Garret looks like the real deal. .

This is why some teams (in all sports) stick with their current head coach to finish out the season rather than firing him and appointing an interim head coach. When the coaching change is made, usually the play of the team gets better- if for no other reason than they are hearing a different voice. So the team has a little success with the interim guy, they sign him to a deal for 3-4 years as head coach and they find out he is a dud....and they base the signing on what he did as an interim coach over a very small sample of games.

birdwells1

Reaction score
This is why some teams (in all sports) stick with their current head coach to finish out the season rather than firing him and appointing an interim head coach. When the coaching change is made, usually the play of the team gets better- if for no other reason than they are hearing a different voice. So the team has a little success with the interim guy, they sign him to a deal for 3-4 years as head coach and they find out he is a dud....and they base the signing on what he did as an interim coach over a very small sample of games.

I agree and will add to that they after the firing they see themselves as next in line. After firing Wade Jerry told all the players that they were playing for their jobs. So did JG really get the most out of the players that year or did fear?

visionary

Reaction score
It's total crap IMO, and for the life of me I still cannot fathom what he sees in this bum. I'm not sure i can stomach another year of this offense. When did Jerry say he was keeping him??

He doesn't have to say it
It is the most stupid move and so naturally we all expect it from jerry

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Let's say Garrett got served his walking papers Monday morning. After yet another 8-8 season Jerry had enough and decided to move on.

Where would he end up? In what capacity?

No shot he gets another HC gig, right?

Opie's stand in on the Opie Taylor show starring Ron Howard.