Jason Hatcher Rips Romo and Garrett

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I find it amusing that people believe or dismiss what he said about Romo and believe or dismiss what he said about Garrett based on their own opinions....lol.

Love Romo/hate Dak....Love Dak/hate Romo....Love or Hate Garrett.
And that’s how we decide to value a guy like Hatcher talking to the media....funny stuff.

I like how some here act like there werent reports during Romos time about him be distant from the team, and how he wouldnt be around the team much. Or maybe they werent fans during that time.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
He also said he wouldn't give Dak a long term contract yet, and that Dak hasn't shown that he's a franchise qb.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I been knew Romo wasn't the man. He was just the best player. I figured this out in 2008, there was big split on the team. Ball distribution and play calling was the main issues. Next thing you know TO was shown the door, then PC a few after. Right now JG has no one else to blame and Romo career ended years ago for being selfish.
so not even into his 2nd full year of starting and you knew he was the guy? Just wondering what you thought of Dak after his abysmal 2nd year and average 3rd year?

Dre11

Reaction score
So are you to believe Romo and not hatcher!?

Romo? You Murray, Dez,Romo's linemen? Yeah I do. Hatcher saying Romo made nobody better, killed his message, he came to Washington and soon wore out his welcome as well.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I will repeat again, for the third time - if Romo wasn't a leader, why did the entire team pack it up and mail it in once Romo went down and ultimately got their HC fired (you know, the one stupid Hatcher is defending)?
Don't have to be a leader for the team to quit when you go dowm. Just a good player that the team knows you being gone gives you very little chance to win.

The team was 1-4 going into that game so it wasn't like Romos leadership was helping them win games.

InTheZone

Reaction score
He made Laurent Robinson better. That's all people are holding on to lol. And he did make Robinson a lot of money but this reputation he made players around him better should've netted far more success than it did.
well when you neglect the OLine for several years, have a wishy washy defense, no consistent run game and a learn on the job coach for most of your career that happens, complete opposite of what Dak has.

Dre11

Reaction score
Sure, you should believe him. It's his opinion and no reason for him to lie. I'm sure he isnt the only one who didn't like Romo. But like you said, others did like him.

The fact he wore out his welcome in washington highlights his rep.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Don't have to be a leader for the team to quit when you go dowm. Just a good player that the team knows you being gone gives you very little chance to win.

The team was 1-4 going into that game so it wasn't like Romos leadership was helping them win games.

Again, this makes no sense in what Hatcher is saying. If you lose complete motivation to play the game because one player dropped, he is certainly leading you. Stop with the mental gymnastics.

This also goes against the very point Hatcher was trying to make that Garrett had some scheme to remove Wade - again, if they were all in for Wade, why did they give up while Wade was coach?

And the record BEFORE that is really irrelevant - the team was actually trying before then, they weren't trying against the Packers and Jaguars and some players were outright avoiding tackles (Like Jenkins) - they didn't give up until Romo went down. Which, seems to me, maybe Romo led by you know.....giving a good performance.

You're trying too hard to confirm a bias you have.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So he’s bitter ... that doesn’t make him more credible. Not saying he’s lying, but I think outlier reports like this have to be taken with a grain of salt.
Naw I'm not saying it makes him more credible......I'm just willing to listen to someone who doesn't have ties to this team. I honestly can't trust the opinions of Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, Ware, Romo, etc. They are going to tell us what they want us to know.

Little Jr

Reaction score
No reason for him to lie, yet his claim about Garrett kinda falls apart when you remember how they played for Wade near his end here.
He's the 2nd or 3rd player to come out and say jg sabotage wade. He's the 2nd or 3rd player to come out and talk about the amount of plays ran with wade and the amount went up after he was fired.

It's really not about if he's telling the truth. It's his opinion so there really isn't a lie there. Some might disagree and have a different opinion and their opinion isn't a lie either.

It's not surprising that someone didn't like Romo. I'm sure that's a hard thing for Romo fans to understand but I'm sure he wasn't the only who didn't care for Romo.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
well when you neglect the OLine for several years, have a wishy washy defense, no consistent run game and a learn on the job coach for most of your career that happens, complete opposite of what Dak has.

Yeah that's crap. Romo had two different offensive lines that were both solid in his career. Yeah he had the years of Nate Livings, Bernadeau, etc. but he has some great offensive lines here and I'm not just talking about in 2014. I know that's a narrative that you guys want to recreate by saying he didn't have a offensive line but that's not the case.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Frankly, I think he's probably full of crap on Garrett too. He sounds bitter.

But I also don't need this to tell me that Garrett isn't a very good coach and should be shot to the sun in January of 2020 if he can't get this franchise further than he's taken them thus far.

Well that's kind of my stance. You can't say he's telling the truth on one thing and say he's lying about another. Either he's telling the truth or he's a liar.

I for one don't believe Garrett sabotaged Wade and if he did....it surely wasn't his call to do it. It came from someone higher than Garrett to do that. I Think Wade himself was going to get fired whether Garrett had something to do with it or not.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He's the 2nd or 3rd player to come out and say jg sabotage wade. He's the 2nd or 3rd player to come out and talk about the amount of plays ran with wade and the amount went up after he was fired.

It's really not about if he's telling the truth. It's his opinion so there really isn't a lie there. Some might disagree and have a different opinion and their opinion isn't a lie either.

It's not surprising that someone didn't like Romo. I'm sure that's a hard thing for Romo fans to understand but I'm sure he wasn't the only who didn't care for Romo.

And I will once again state, despite them stating Garrett tried this - they ALL gave up on Wade and ALL played better once Wade was fired.

Again, there is no sense you can make of this - either they were all in on it, or it wasn't happening. There is more evidence pointing to these players trying to get Wade out than Garrett.

And no, it's not just an "opinion" it's a claim and one that should be backed up.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Again, this makes no sense in what Hatcher is saying. If you lose complete motivation to play the game because one player dropped, he is certainly leading you. Stop with the mental gymnastics.

This also goes against the very point Hatcher was trying to make that Garrett had some scheme to remove Wade - again, if they were all in for Wade, why did they give up while Wade was coach?

And the record BEFORE that is really irrelevant - the team was actually trying before then, they weren't trying against the Packers and Jaguars and some players were outright avoiding tackles (Like Jenkins) - they didn't give up until Romo went down. Which, seems to me, maybe Romo led by you know.....giving a good performance.

You're trying too hard to confirm a bias you have.
It shouldn't be hard to believe and understand but obviously it is for you.

When a team is 1-4, then loses their starting qb and ends up 1-5, it's not hard to believe the team said ****. Has NOTHING to do with being a leader and losing a leader. It has to do with you suck and probably going to suck worst with the back up.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It shouldn't be hard to believe and understand but obviously it is for you.

When a team is 1-4, then loses their starting qb and ends up 1-5, it's not hard to believe the team said ****. Has NOTHING to do with being a leader and losing a leader. It has to do with you suck and probably going to suck worst with the back up.

This is, again, a stupid response.

"Hey here is the MVP of our team, let's follow him to victory!"

"Oh, our MVP just went down. Let's give up. But he's not a leader though!"

Your argument is bad as always. And Hatcher already lacks sense on his argument against Wade, which calls into question his "opinion" on Romo.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Yeah that's crap. Romo had two different offensive lines that were both solid in his career. Yeah he had the years of Nate Livings, Bernadeau, etc. but he has some great offensive lines here and I'm not just talking about in 2014. I know that's a narrative that you guys want to recreate by saying he didn't have a offensive line but that's not the case.
It's ok if you want to read it black and white. I never said Romo never had a line. I clearly stated many years he didn't, but maybe I was exaggerating. Most of the time WHEN HE HAD A LINE his guys were good or great at run blocking and ok at best in pass protection. Don't forget about the Center who couldn't snap the ball at the right time or was snapping it high more times than I've ever seen from the rest of the NFL combined since. His best line, run and pass protection was 2014. His best line before that which wasn't on its last legs was in 2007, both of which looked like that was our year to win the SB.