Jason Hatcher Rips Romo and Garrett

Gator88

Reaction score
I think Hatcher is letting his personal grudge shadow his overall point. I don't think anybody reasonable will disagree with the fact that Dak seems to resonate more with the whole roster than Romo did. Romo also never threw people under the bus like Dak has done multiple times already.

Different strokes for leadering style, but it's not really important in the overall scheme of things. As an example I think both are superior to Rodgers in leadership, but Rodgers has still had much more success than either.

RoboQB

Reaction score
It’s not hard to believe Romo wasn’t a buddy to all the players - probably wasn’t the guy partying with them, and maybe even was somewhat aloof - but it’s actually very hard to believe he was a “grade A D-Bag”. Obviously we can’t know everything behind the scenes, but he has always come across as very personable, a family guy and a very charitable guy who gives his time and money to benefit others.

Early on, yes, Romo was definitely a bit aloof. Later on, however, he became "one of the boys". Which is what many
cling to when discussing his place among QBs in his era. You can help me with the time line here but, after Romo
had his mansion built, the whole team was invited regularly after games and such.

He wasn't quite the field general that Aikman was, but damn he was entertaining. I enjoyed watching him play
although he drove me nuts sometimes. Watching him meet his family after the game in GB was tough.
It felt like watching your kid brother have something taken away from him and you can't do anything about it.

Dre11

Reaction score
I find it funny how the Romo storm troopers are rolling out in full attack on here but have no idea what really went on behind the scenes.

It's not like any of you have ever been in the locker room yourselves. You are nothing but fans on a forum and base all of your feelings about Romo off of impressive interviews and things you've heard he did for charities and the community.

How would you feel if it was you in Hatcher shoes, knowing the facts, and people blasting your comments!

You guys are actually believing more his comments about Garrett before Romo.

It's not very hard to believe Romo was actually a grade A D-Bag. He let alot of the hype and comparisons go to his head.

And he still hasnt won ****!

So we are to believe Hatcher and not believe others? Dez love Romo, Romo linemen talked highly of him, Murray, talked highly of him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So we are to believe Hatcher and not believe others? Dez love Romo, Romo linemen talked highly of him, Murray, talked highly of him.
Our fans will jump on and applaud anything negative about the Cowboys. Just look at how fast this thread grew.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Lmao romo made alot of WRs have careers. What a clown

And? Doesn't mean he was a leader at all. Romo and Witten were off on their own. They were far from leaders. They separated themselves from the team. Hatcher already commented that Romo was good. That wasn't this was about.

But of course this fanbase builds him up to be some type of legend.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It seems to me, as I mentioned, Hatcher's grudge comes from the Wade situation. Which I will ask again, if Wade was so great - why did they quit on him once Romo went down?

Anyone remember the Packers and Jags game? Yeah, the games that got Wade fired? Why did they play better for Garrett they supposedly hate?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And? Doesn't mean he was a leader at all. Romo and Witten were off on their own. They were far from leaders. They separated themselves from the team. Hatcher already commented that Romo was good. That wasn't this was about.

But of course this fanbase builds him up to be some type of legend.

I will repeat again, for the third time - if Romo wasn't a leader, why did the entire team pack it up and mail it in once Romo went down and ultimately got their HC fired (you know, the one stupid Hatcher is defending)?

RoboQB

Reaction score
Romo made Austin such a name that he got Kim Kardashian in her prime.

07042010_kim_kardashian_miles_austin_spl192708_001.jpg

I'm picturing a columnist standing in front of the HOF committee and this is his opening statement for
Tony Romo's consideration. It might be enough to get him in... lol.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak > Romo? That's going to anger some folks around here, even if it is true. The Romo people will never accept that as the truth.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Sure, you should believe him. It's his opinion and no reason for him to lie. I'm sure he isnt the only one who didn't like Romo. But like you said, others did like him.

Zordon

Reaction score
I think Hatcher is letting his personal grudge shadow his overall point. I don't think anybody reasonable will disagree with the fact that Dak seems to resonate more with the whole roster than Romo did. Romo also never threw people under the bus like Dak has done multiple times already.

Different strokes for leadering style, but it's not really important in the overall scheme of things. As an example I think both are superior to Rodgers in leadership, but Rodgers has still had much more success than either.
what personal grudge? did you listen to the interview? hatcher is just a guy who speaks without a filter. it's appreciated considering all the cookie cutter responses we're fed around here by garrett and company.

Nerm222

Reaction score
I laughed at that part about Dak making other players better but Romo didn’t as well.

Romo's last 20 starts - 16-4, with one of the four losses coming when a game winning kick was nullified by Garrett icing his own kicker. During the span of Romo's final 20 starts, his backups were 1-8 with the same players. None of this has anything to do with Dak. But Romo was almost THE difference between Dallas being the best team in the NFL and being the worst team in the NFL at the end.

Hatcher has the IQ of a concussed snail.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'll go ahead and remind you guys on how this team played for Wade Phillips before anyone uses crap spewed by an irrelevant former Cowboys player to criticize Garrett with some conspiracy crap.

Wade got fired because the entire team packed it up once Romo went down. If Garrett was trying to get rid of Wade, the players including Ware, Ratliff, and Hatcher all played a role in it by not doing a dang thing. They made a mockery of us on national TV - it was, in my memory, the most embarrassing loss we've ever had.

Say what you want about Garrett, it hasn't hit this level yet. Hatcher, for whatever reason, is talking out of his butt - there is a weird bias here.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Sure, you should believe him. It's his opinion and no reason for him to lie. I'm sure he isnt the only one who didn't like Romo. But like you said, others did like him.

No reason for him to lie, yet his claim about Garrett kinda falls apart when you remember how they played for Wade near his end here.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I find it amusing that people believe or dismiss what he said about Romo and believe or dismiss what he said about Garrett based on their own opinions....lol.

Love Romo/hate Dak....Love Dak/hate Romo....Love or Hate Garrett.
And that’s how we decide to value a guy like Hatcher talking to the media....funny stuff.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
They played together Romo's rookie year. Am I supposed to believe Tony was acting hot-to-trot his rookie year as an UDFA? Am I, sir?
So woodson doesnt know whats been happening in dallas? He doesnt have contact with players? I guess hes just jealous of him huh...