Twitter: Jason is not on the hot seat

fifaguy

Reaction score
Has Jerry ever admitted a coach is on the hot seat?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If this team somehow loses to the Jets without Darnold...oh boy.

That's probably true but the probability of losing to the Eagles is significantly higher. I think that happening would prompt just about as much a level of dissatisfaction. ;)

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For a few months

Perhaps. Perhaps not. When people walk away from something, a lot of times they find something else to occupy their time and money and never come back.

If I know that the owner doesn't care what the fans think and simply does whatever makes him comfortable, I'd resent it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's probably very true, although, it's likely also true that our chances of losing to Philly are significantly higher. ;)

It seems to me like our two teams are having a reversal of fortunes. After a tough start, the Eagles are getting it together and after a good start, we seem to be falling apart.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Perhaps. Perhaps not. When people walk away from something, a lot of times they find something else to occupy their time and money and never come back.

If I know that the owner doesn't care what the fans think and simply does whatever makes him comfortable, I'd resent it.

Are you saying you’re one of the proposed walker awayers?

Zordon

Reaction score
What do you mean by "officially finished?"

You won't be a fan any longer?
I've been a fan since a baby so they can't take that out of me but I will lose all respect for the people running this franchise. Garrett should have been fired after the 2013 season. They will officially jump the shark into Bengals/Raiders territory if they give Garrett another contract without any results. All of the excellence this franchise stood for would be dead to me. DEAD.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can't blame you there. But he can't sell this lame duck coach getting en extension if he fails to produce. All parties have willingly and intentionally set up this 'do or die' contract scenario and there's no going back on it now.
Just watch him ..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I've been a fan since a baby so they can't take that out of me but I will lose all respect for the people running this franchise. Garrett should have been fired after the 2013 season. They will officially jump the shark into Bengals/Raiders territory if they give Garrett another contract without any results. All of the excellence this franchise stood for would be dead to me. DEAD.
Amazing over 2 decades hadn’t killed it yet. You need one more season.

RichmondFan

Reaction score
You want to see a real coach? Look at Indianapolis and Frank Reich. I watched him as a Buffalo Bill. Was always amazed by him, but I never ever thought he had the make-up to be a head coach. I did not see that potential.

As an OC with Philly when they won the SuperBowl after they lost their starting QB, I am now of the opinion that he was the key cog in the superbowl win. How have they done since he has left.

Last year, as a HC with Indy he destroyed the Cowboys. The Indy team does play for him. Let's not talk foolishness by saying that the Cowboys play for Garrett because the last couple of weeks highlights that he does not have them prepared and there is no proof that they play for him. Let's know if the hell off.

This weekend, minus the QB that was a true star last year and was destined to be the same this year, he found a way to win. No way in hell Garrett could have pulled that off.

So let's knock off the crap about the team playing for Garrett. He is an absolute disaster. I hope they lose this weekend because it is the only hope for getting his arse out of town. I don't have the answer right now as to who to replace him with, but it just doesnt matter. ABG is the new battle cry....Anybody But Garrett.
Matt Eberflus, the Colts Defensive Co-ordinator....Best Head Coach available at season's end!!!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The “hot seat” is reserved for coaches in danger of getting fired. Unless the team quits, Garrett won’t be fired. His contract, however, is up at the end of the season. He won’t be extended. No firing. No nasty unpleasantness. He simply won’t be back, provided the Cowboys miss the playoffs. Extending a guy after just three playoff appearances and two playoff wins in nine seasons would be unheard of.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
The fact that he is a lame duck coach is what puts him on the hot seat. There is no benefit to Jerry saying that during the season.
jerry is not going to say that he is on the hot seat during the season if he does jones cowboys will quit