Twitter: Jason is not on the hot seat

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Landry could have this team at 3-2 and he's dead.

Oh, if you think there can’t be worse than Garrett out there, just wait. There are at least 5 teams right now who would beg Jason Garrett to come and replace their deadbeat coach.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jerry would rather lose than be proven wrong about Garrett.

Exactly...…………..and then fans wonder why the players demand huge contracts when they have not accomplished jack.

Well, dont think for a second that the players dont notice that the head coach keeps getting paid season after season after season and wins nothing of substance so players start thinking they are entitled as well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I appreciate your answer. I'm not here to argue. I just what folks to know the truth. I don't think Garrett has what it takes to get this team to the playoffs this season but JJ is still going to reward him with a new contract. It gets me pissed off and it should get you pissed off too. Garrett is like a son to JJ and a brother to Stephen. The relationship between the Jones family and the Garrett family goes back a long way, starting when Jason's father Jim served as a scout for the Cowboys before Jerry bought the team until 2004. It's no coincidence that all three of Jim Garrett's son played for the Cowboys at one time or another and Judd Garrett(Jason's brother) is currently the Director of Pro Scouting for the Cowboys. Nepotism runs deep with how the Cowboys are run but JJ doesn't care. Jason Garrett is just another son that he isn't going to fire until the team has several losing seasons. I'm sorry to be the one to deliver the bad news but someone has to do it.

I appreciate your perspective, and all of the facts you've listed are true. And I very much think that's what's kept Garrett here as long as it has. Where we differ is that I think that even the Joneses have run out of patience in waiting for results. Jason has used up all of that's good will and it's now become win or we're forced to make a change.

We'll see who's ultimately right.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I appreciate your perspective, and all of the facts you've listed are true. And I very much think that's what's kept Garrett here as long as it has. Where we differ is that I think that even the Joneses have run out of patience in waiting for results. Jason has used up all of that's good will and it's now become win or we're forced to make a change.

My thing is Jerry sells hope. If the Cowboys don't make the playoffs I don't know how Jerry sells next season with JG as HC.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My thing is Jerry sells hope. If the Cowboys don't make the playoffs I don't know how Jerry sells next season with JG as HC.

That's exactly where I stand on it.

If - as many contend - Jerry wants to keep Garrett around at all costs, he had the opportunity to do that. Garrett 'rallied' his team to a 10-6 record and a playoff win. If Jerry 'needed an excuse' to extend Garrett? That was the perfect time. Even a staunch critic like me could see his reasoning. But the organization actively chose not to. They can't now go back and extend the guy if he has a worse season. They would be league laughing stocks and the fans would revolt in protest. No, this decision wasn't made lightly, and it was very much done intentionally.

Even Jerry Jones' great patience with Jason Garrett has reached its' limit.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
That's exactly where I stand on it.

If - as many contend - Jerry wants to keep Garrett around at all costs, he had the opportunity to do that. Garrett 'rallied' his team to a 10-6 record and a playoff win. If Jerry 'needed an excuse' to extend Garrett? That was the perfect time. Even a staunch critic like me could see his reasoning. But the organization actively chose not to. They can't now go back and extend the guy if he has a worse season. They would be league laughing stocks and the fans would revolt in protest. No, this decision wasn't made lightly, and it was very much done intentionally.

Even Jerry Jones' great patience with Jason Garrett has reached its' limit.
And the NFC is just loaded this year. It would be a lot easier to make the playoffs in the AFC. These next stretch of games are very important.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

He'll find an excuse, or manufacture one. He always does. The excuse so far is the 1st year OC. Don't fool yourself into thinking that Jerry won't try to lean that way as a reason for extending JG. He most certainly will.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He'll find an excuse, or manufacture one. He always does. The excuse so far is the 1st year OC. Don't fool yourself into thinking that Jerry won't try to lean that way as a reason for extending JG. He most certainly will.
He can try. I don't think it's going to work. It was Jerry and this coaching staff that was trying to sell Moore as some sort of genius.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the NFC is just loaded this year. It would be a lot easier to make the playoffs in the AFC. These next stretch of games are very important.

I'd rather earn it or not than get in because the field was weak. And that goes double for whether the head coach gets extended or not.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It sure seems a coincidence how JG's job security gets such high acclaim by the Dallas FO, just as the team's performance comes into severe scrutiny by its fans and the media. Back in the offseason, here's Jerry suggesting how Garrett's job might be in jeopardy if a conference title isn't forthcoming in the season to come. Then, during the season, just when things start going awry, here's Stephen declaring how his job really isn't in jeopardy at all. Many fans are left to wonder just what's really behind the FO's thinking when such reassurances are forthcoming.

Funny how the same thing had taken place in the past when Wade Phillips was perceived to be in deep trouble and Jerry declared him to be in no danger of losing his job but only to be dismissed shortly thereafter. I can't help but wonder what lies ahead for our highly esteemed HC if and when a division champion isn't forthcoming, much less a conference title. These are, indeed strange times for a team that appears to be shakily on the verge of a potentially disappointing season, unless things take a fairly drastic turn for the better. ;)

shabazz

Reaction score
Oh, if you think there can’t be worse than Garrett out there, just wait. There are at least 5 teams right now who would beg Jason Garrett to come and replace their deadbeat coach.

Passive-aggressive Artist weaving a tapestry of BS

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Passive-aggressive Artist weaving a tapestry of BS

not BS. It’s fine if you feel you need a better coach, but that doesn’t mean the next one is guaranteed to be. Look at when Schottenheimer left the chiefs, everyone thought, “finally we’ll win a playoff game!” And then they stopped making the playoffs. Same thing with Schott in SD. Same with Dennis Green in Minnesota, Tom Coughlin in Jacksonville, Look at the dumpster fire Cincinnati has become. Suddenly it’s a miracle Marvin Lewis was even winning any games with that team.

maybe your next coach is a Sean Mcvay. Could be. Also could be a Lane Kiffin, Hue Jackson, or Chan Gailey. Garrett is far from the bottom of the pile. It can always get worse.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Stephen was asked this week if Jason was in the hot seat and his answer was "absolutely not". Why are there own words not good enough for you?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen was asked this week if Jason was in the hot seat and his answer was "absolutely not". Why are there own words not good enough for you?

Because I know the how, when, and why they're being said.

Let me ask you this:

What other answer would you possibly expect Stephen Jones to give 5 weeks into the season?

Would you expect him to say "oh yeah Jason is on the hot seat! A few more losses like this and we're gonna fire him!"

CCBoy

Reaction score
Oh, I almost forgot. Dallas’ two star defensive ends, DeMarcus Lawrence and Robert Quinn, had zero sacks between them. Yup, a big round goose egg for the Cowboy’s fearsome twosome.

Do you see a pattern forming here? It’s pretty clear why Dallas lost this game. Almost all of their best players had terrible (or at least sub-par) games, or were out with injuries.

Well, maybe not all of them. Pro Bowl cornerback Byron Jones played okay. He didn’t do anything embarrassing anyway. Ditto for all-world offensive guard Zack Martin. But the rest of the Cowboys’ all-stars stunk on ice. Part of me would like to rant some more. But I think that’s the crux of it.

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/10/09/dallas-cowboys-pro-bowlers-weakest-link/

For my two cents worth, I'm betting the above mentioned come back on line with quality.

Big_D

Reaction score

People still actually have hope? lol that was tossed out the window years ago. Jerry’s selling garbage and I guess some still buy it. Select talent doesn’t make you a good team or a smart one.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Because I know the how, when, and why they're being said.

Let me ask you this:

What other answer would you possibly expect Stephen Jones to give 5 weeks into the season?

Would you expect him to say "oh yeah Jason is on the hot seat! A few more losses like this and we're gonna fire him!"
Yes that's exactly what I expect him to say if that's the truth. There is nothing wrong with an honest answer. It puts the coach on notice and the public appreciates the transparency of the accountability process.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes that's exactly what I expect him to say if that's the truth. There is nothing wrong with an honest answer. It puts the coach on notice and the public appreciates the transparency of the accountability process.

tenor.gif