Jason Kelce Retiring

1942willys

Reaction score
Can't believe this guy is gonna blubber through this whole news conference and tell his entire biography

Just thank everybody and get to steppin.
go piss up a rope
he has earned it and its obvious he loved the game

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Crazy that his 30th birthday he was 2x pro bowl zero all pros. Finished his 30s with 7x pro bowls and 7x first team all pro ! (dude made all pro every single year of his 30s for 7 straight seasons)
Same plan Jerry has for Dak.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think it’s more Hurts. I remember when Minshew tried it against us and failed miserably lol.

You’d have to look at the stats with hurts and not with hurts. No idea other than the one minshew attempt I recall.
I wont take away Hurts role in this, a QB who has a strong lower body to help drive the pile and has a feel for how to fall in the pile is crucial as well. Not having an elite Center will limit his ability though. It's kind of like driving a brand new sports car but now you're trying to drive it in rush hour traffic.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He will be back sometime after the bye due to an injury....

Creeper

Reaction score
Kelce is a great player and will be in the HoF in 5 years. He deserves it. But watching the Eagles the last few games of the season Kelce did not look like Kelce to me. I don't know if he had already made up his mind to retire, or if his old body just gave out after so many years in the NFL, but I an sure he knows. But I think he made the right decision. I wish him good luck in whatever comes next.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
A big reason Lane Johnson is able to time his false starts is the 10+ years of playing with Kelce. They had it down pat. That's experience you can't replace overnight. Johnson is not far behind with retirement, I think he said two years, and he has been playing with injuries off and on the past two years.

Well, Kelce deserves his retirement. One of the top three centers of all time, likely a 1st ballot HoFer. And we don't have to play against him anymore, ever.

Motorola

Reaction score
Creates a huge hole for Philly to fill.

Even though Eagles fans present themselves as douchbags and hooligans to the rest of the NFL fanbases (because they are)...today they are decent and down-to-earth in expressing sadness, respect, and admiration to one of their all-time greats hanging up his cleats.
(Go to 'Bleeding Green Nation' for a peek at their tributes.)

Kelce leaving --- and Kellen Moore coming in as PHL OC --- Eagles' collapse down the stretch in 2023 could linger into 2024.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Even though Eagles fans present themselves as douchbags and hooligans to the rest of the NFL fanbases (because they are)...today they are decent and down-to-earth in expressing sadness, respect, and admiration to one of their all-time greats hanging up his cleats.
(Go to 'Bleeding Green Nation' for a peek at their tributes.)

Kelce leaving --- and Kellen Moore coming in as PHL OC --- Eagles' collapse down the stretch in 2023 could linger into 2024.
The Eagles have no running game or linebackers. They’re facing a long season.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Kelce is a great player and will be in the HoF in 5 years. He deserves it. But watching the Eagles the last few games of the season Kelce did not look like Kelce to me. I don't know if he had already made up his mind to retire, or if his old body just gave out after so many years in the NFL, but I an sure he knows. But I think he made the right decision. I wish him good luck in whatever comes next.
He was 1st team All-Pro. He was still playing at a very high level.