News: Jason Peters and Dallas could have deal as early as Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambo2

Reaction score
While Peters had decent ratings last season while playing for Chicago, placing a lot of hope that Dallas signs a 40-year old offensive tackle to help their team success this year does cause one to worry a bit with the state of the team heading into the new season.
The team is in great shape and the Rams won with a 40 year old tackle just last year.

Carson

Reaction score
While Peters had decent ratings last season while playing for Chicago, placing a lot of hope that Dallas signs a 40-year old offensive tackle to help their team success this year does cause one to worry a bit with the state of the team heading into the new season.
I don’t think the season hinges on Peters.

However, he is a stable option that brings a vet presence and security. Smith could be overwhelmed and not ready to hold down the LT spot. With Peters we do not have to worry about LT anymore

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The team is in great shape and the Rams won with a 40 year old tackle just last year.

While we all hope for success, comparing the Cowboys of this season to the Rams of last season from a talent perspective is apple to oranges.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I don’t think the season hinges on Peters.

However, he is a stable option that brings a vet presence and security. Smith could be overwhelmed and not ready to hold down the LT spot. With Peters we do not have to worry about LT anymore

While I agree about Peters being an improvement over Smith at LT and also bringing veteran leadership, he is 40 and by stating if signed Dallas need not then worry about the LT position (Dak's blindside) Dallas' success would somewhat hinge on the Peters signing.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They are going to complain when Peters signs. The take will be either Jerry paid too much and got fleeced or that Jerry is cheap.
I'm not sure how I feel about signing a player I spent the last decade and change learning to hate.

I suppose it beats watching Daks head removed from his torso.

In all seriousness, I'd bet the delay is about the team wanting to limit the guarantee if Smith proves to be advanced in development, or the situation dictates we may as well play Smith every week.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I frankly don’t care anymore, he’s not playing week 1 he’s a depth signing at this point

time to get excited about the team we have
One never knows he could play week 1..seen street vets signed in season during the and play Sunday.hes a long time vet doubt he needs much time to step in and play,

LittleD

Reaction score
You really believe Quinn and Parsons are going to let this team fall apart? You do know Dak has never had a losing season as the Cowboys quarterback. In 2020 the offensive line was the worst in the league after the injuries to Tyron and Collins. Dak still had the number 1 offense in the league. We almost made the playoffs with Andy Dalton at quarterback and Jaylon Smith as our best defensive player. Relax………..

The NFL is an offensive passing league for the purposes of TV entertainment. Defense is controlled by the Commish and his officials to ensure that eyeballs
keep watching and buying tickets and other goodies. The NFL is an entertainment business.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You really believe Quinn and Parsons are going to let this team fall apart? You do know Dak has never had a losing season as the Cowboys quarterback. In 2020 the offensive line was the worst in the league after the injuries to Tyron and Collins. Dak still had the number 1 offense in the league. We almost made the playoffs with Andy Dalton at quarterback and Jaylon Smith as our best defensive player. Relax………..
:hammer:

LittleD

Reaction score
I think many of our own fans want this to happen. You can tell by many posts and threads on here. And you just just proved it.

The NFL is nothing but a business and the Commish must keep that money rolling in. Why do you think the NFL is getting in bed with the gambling apps on phones.

LittleD

Reaction score
Your stuff in your bags may be rotted, having them packed for 26 years. Maybe you need a new bag and contents. :laugh:

Maybe but, l have truth in my corner not just wishing and hoping. I have evidence and you have nothing but dreams.

Deionindahood

Reaction score

Jerry knows he can put trash out on the field and the fans will still be there. We've had decades of mediocrity and our hopes dying in the post season. Jerry knows his fan base will drink the Kool Aid and make him richer. I'm finally at the point where I want to see this season crash and burn so Jerry finally wakes up.If something doesn't change by the end of this season, I'll be a Buffalo Bills fan and forget the Cowboys as Jerry has forgotten us.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He must be wanting more money than last year. He knows they could really use him.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Who cares...Lots of sports media sources expecting Dallas to fall off a cliff by mid-season and finish 6x11. Wholesale scrubbing and
rebuilding after this season.

Probably higher probability of getting g off to a slow start rather than fading.

Status
Not open for further replies.