News: Jason Peters and Dallas could have deal as early as Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I frankly don’t care anymore, he’s not playing week 1 he’s a depth signing at this point

time to get excited about the team we have
You don’t care about improving your team for a Super Bowl run?

The first game is all that matters?

Reactions: BAT

Rayman70

Reaction score
peters will be suited ^ week 1 and play in case the SHTF.

Big_D

Reaction score
If an OL was signed right after the injury. The same fans would then whine, why didn't Jerry wait for the cut downs instead. :lmao:

It’s the fact that a good solid veteran swing tackle wasn’t addressed. Nothing Waletzko, Ball or Smith have done says they’re ready to start day 1 at the most important position on the line. This is a decision that snowballed when it didn’t have to.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Yea they’re cutting all-pro left tackles every day in this league

Who said they were? The team may have preferred a younger player with some experience who was cut for salary reasons or caught up in numbers game. They also may have been working the phones looking for a trade. Peters has been there all along and they knew he would still be there after cutdowns as a fall back plan.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Once Philly’s swing tackle broke his arm on Thursday, Jerry and Stephen SHOULD HAVE made this deal happen on Friday. If Philly sweeps in and signs Peters, NO ONE SHOULD BE SURPRISED!!!

We have cap space. In this particular situation it would have been smart to over pay( 3-5 million ) to get Peters. We have a glaring weakness at LT and a solid veteran available to step in. Last year the Rams won the Super Bowl with a 40 year old offensive tackle.

Carson

Reaction score
Once Philly’s swing tackle broke his arm on Thursday, Jerry and Stephen SHOULD HAVE made this deal happen on Friday. If Philly sweeps in and signs Peters, NO ONE SHOULD BE SURPRISED!!!

We have cap space. In this particular situation it would have been smart to over pay( 3-5 million ) to get Peters. We have a glaring weakness at LT and a solid veteran available to step in. Last year the Rams won the Super Bowl with a 40 year old offensive tackle.
They have no cap space.

They also have Jack Driscoll who can backup both tackle spots

Jfconrow

Reaction score
So 10m for one year, Tyler is at LG, and Zeke is wearing tights taking pictures with the Bus. Ok got it.

cowboyec

Reaction score
excellent signing.
the best f/a olineman we've added in years.

Reactions: BAT

Jipper

Reaction score
You don’t care about improving your team for a Super Bowl run?

The first game is all that matters?

Give me a break, it's a 53 man team and were talking about 1 player that will help with depth and act as a bridge at a postiiton we just lost a stater at but have a 1st round pick...

bringing him in doesn't mean the superbowl, not brining him doesn't mean missing the playoffs.

MY Point again was stop magnifying the impact peters will have, and I'm sick of it being the constant focus here...excited for the season and tired if wasting energy on following this, that's all

Toro9

Reaction score
As much as I dislike hiring an Eagle, and one being 40 years old, it's a good move. I watched some of his film from last year with Chicago and though he might be slow, he's got technique and plenty of mass.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
If I went by this board alone, Id swear we were 1-16 and devoid of any talent. The level of cynicism here is off the chain lol.

NO ONE should go based on this board alone. Skeptics, optimists, lunatics or critics......use your own head. But you gotta admit after 26 years this FO has exhausted their benefit of the doubt capital and now its put up or shut up time. Nothing wrong with pointing out the faults and errors made after the fact...very simple really, hindsight is 20/20. The cynicism is based on facts compiled from past history. We can all still just hope the blind pig finds an acorn eventually.

Reactions: CWR
Status
Not open for further replies.