Twitter: Jason Peters makes his debut tonight

slick325

Reaction score
So with Peters at LG.
Zeke and Pollard will each have 100 yards. Zeke gets his rushing, Tony combo of rush and receiving.
Tony breaks a long TD run, over 40 yards. Zeke has a 30 yard run.

I hope you're right Jazz. I hope Peters can play LG (only 1 career start there).

Reactions: BAT

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Tyron Smith hearing Tyler's staying at LT........

I would argue this is the first official sign that Tyron's career as the Cowboy's starting LT is over. If Tyler continues to play and improve, no way Tyron's getting his job back.

crying-sad.gif

Tyron probably knows his body is about done.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't think he's sees the field tonight absent some injury to the current starters.

I lean toward this, with them basically saying that if Farniok is getting it handed to him, they'll insert Peters.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So with Peters at LG.
Zeke and Pollard will each have 100 yards. Zeke gets his rushing, Tony combo of rush and receiving.
Tony breaks a long TD run, over 40 yards. Zeke has a 30 yard run.

30 yard run? LOL

What happened to the 60 yard run predictions? Already halved it eh?

When was the last time your hero had 100 yards rushing?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I second this....If Tyron is healthy the Cowboys will find a spot for him to play. His issue has been availability not quality of play. The guy was still a top 5 T when he was on the field last season.

If the Cowboys Oline stays healthy all year when Tyron gets back (and that is a big IF) then they have an opportunity to the most creative offense with their oline of all time lol. McGovern can go back to his classic FB role, they can do heavy sets with Smith, Peters, Tyron all on the left side, etc. I'm very skeptical that it happens as guys are going to get banged up on the oline, especially Peters at 40 years old, so lets just take a wait and see approach, but I see zero scenarios where Tyron is healthy and sitting on the bench for more than a handful of snaps per game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I second this....If Tyron is healthy the Cowboys will find a spot for him to play. His issue has been availability not quality of play. The guy was still a top 5 T when he was on the field last season.

If the Cowboys Oline stays healthy all year when Tyron gets back (and that is a big IF) then they have an opportunity to the most creative offense with their oline of all time lol. McGovern can go back to his classic FB role, they can do heavy sets with Smith, Peters, Tyron all on the left side, etc. I'm very skeptical that it happens as guys are going to get banged up on the oline, especially Peters at 40 years old, so lets just take a wait and see approach, but I see zero scenarios where Tyron is healthy and sitting on the bench for more than a handful of snaps per game.

You second what? This guy wanted him on the bench.

I personally doubt that Tyron will come back. But if he does then he has to be starting. At least until we get rid of him after the season.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
30 yard run? LOL

What happened to the 60 yard run predictions? Already halved it eh?

When was the last time your hero had 100 yards rushing?

Last year against the Giants, 21 rushes, 110 yards. :p
No 60 yard run as he won't have the opportunity they will have short fields. :D

Reactions: BAT

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

This “problem” with the o-line you speak of will not matter in the long run when we ultimately (and unfortunately) have a con artist leading behind the line. The man that continuously calls out of run plays to pad his stats. You can try every O-line formation in the book, it will not matter when you have a professional heist man playing behind said talented line. Passes will sail, WR’s will be injured reads will be missed, and he will be sacked regardless of the time they gift him.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You second what? This guy wanted him on the bench.

I personally doubt that Tyron will come back. But if he does then he has to be starting. At least until we get rid of him after the season.
I second your facepalm....The idea that Tyron Smith will be a swing tackle if 100% is just silly to me.