Twitter: Jason Peters makes his debut tonight

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
This will be Peters' preseason. Farniok probably still starts and they just give Peters a few snaps on running downs/short-yardage packages to get him some reps. Unless Farniok is completely horrible and they use Peters as the "Break glass in case of emergency" option...which is possible. It's the first road game for Smith and Farniok so you don't know how they will react

But maybe next week is when you'd hope for Peters to take over full-time

MyFairLady

Reaction score
People are gonna be sad when they see how immobile Peters has become in his old age. Dude was a monster. Now he is a cripple.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
This “problem” with the o-line you speak of will not matter in the long run when we ultimately (and unfortunately) have a con artist leading behind the line. The man that continuously calls out of run plays to pad his stats. You can try every O-line formation in the book, it will not matter when you have a professional heist man playing behind said talented line. Passes will sail, WR’s will be injured reads will be missed, and he will be sacked regardless of the time they gift him.

IF that is true, and there is some evidence that Dak is quick to kill run plays (I'm not ready to get on board with that motive just yet though lol) This team winning the next couple of games will lead to a more serious conversation about a QB change. The one thing you can't have in a quarterback is mistrust. That is what has gotten so many QBs benched. It took Drew Bledsoe going rogue before Bill Parcells would give the keys to Romo.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You need to go to time school.
When did your beloved Pollard last get 100.

Pollard isnt featured. LOL

Your hero is featured and gets all the carries he could dream of despite his incompetence. He must have naked pictures of Jerry or something.

But to answer your question it was last year against the Chargers. 13 carries for 109 yards and a TD. 8.4 ypc. :thumbup:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
People are gonna be sad when they see how immobile Peters has become in his old age. Dude was a monster. Now he is a cripple.
The guy was pretty solid last year for a bad team. Plus moving him to G may help if he has slowed that much. Granted when the Cowboys running game is going well they typically have their Oline pulling pretty heavily, but Peters may be able to be a little bit more of a mauler in the middle for them. At very least I feel a lot better about him as a pass blocker that Farniok/McGovern. How he does in the run game will be the X factor to if he really improves this team or not. Even with some loss in mobility, he may be fine as an inside player instead of going against outside speed rushers with minimal help week after week. Time will tell.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What happens when Tyron comes back? Maybe they will shut him down for the season if Tyler is playing well. I don't think Tyron will give a meritocracy speech.
Let Tyron start that game and when he gets hurt in the second quarter, let Tyler go back in to replace him.

Tyron has been one of the game's best left tackles but not being able to count on him being there every game has been a problem-waiting-to-happen the last few years.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Let Tyron start that game and when he gets hurt in the second quarter, let Tyler go back in to replace him.

Tyron has been one of the game's best left tackles but not being about to count on him being there every game has been a problem-waiting-to-happen the last few years.
We have 2 LTs that are not OGs.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
I second this....If Tyron is healthy the Cowboys will find a spot for him to play. His issue has been availability not quality of play. The guy was still a top 5 T when he was on the field last season.

If the Cowboys Oline stays healthy all year when Tyron gets back (and that is a big IF) then they have an opportunity to the most creative offense with their oline of all time lol. McGovern can go back to his classic FB role, they can do heavy sets with Smith, Peters, Tyron all on the left side, etc. I'm very skeptical that it happens as guys are going to get banged up on the oline, especially Peters at 40 years old, so lets just take a wait and see approach, but I see zero scenarios where Tyron is healthy and sitting on the bench for more than a handful of snaps per game.

Tyron Healthy

Tyron
Tyler
Biadasz
Martin
Peters

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'd personally rather keep Smith there. He's played well and doesn't need a progress stopper. I'm interested in seeing what they do if the other Smith does makes it back this year!
TBH, I've never liked Peters as a LT, have always thought him to be very overrated as pass protector. But I do think he is, and will help as a good run blocker.
Maybe Tyron would be happy playing a less physical position, to extend his career.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You guys are making this way too complicated…stick Tyron Smith at RT when he comes back healthy
Problem there is outside of the week 1 penalties Steele has been phenomenal at RT. Even last season he was a really strong RT, the majority of his struggles came when he moved to the left side.

Moving a Tyron Smith who has missed all year to the other side of the line may be a risky move. I'd rather he move inside to LG than go to RT. I'm sure some players will disagree with me, but I've always felt it's easier to stay on the same side of the line than flip.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What happens when Tyron comes back? Maybe they will shut him down for the season if Tyler is playing well. I don't think Tyron will give a meritocracy speech.
They can't make any plans based on Tyron being healthy. The probably of that happening it just too low at this point.
- It's sad to see great players unable to play, but I think we might have seen the last snap by Tyron...