Twitter: Jason Peters makes his debut tonight

terra

Reaction score
Have no idea at all why they do not play him at RT.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
They can't make any plans based on Tyron being healthy. The probably of that happening it just too low at this point.
- It's sad to see great players unable to play, but I think we might have seen the last snap by Tyron...
Agreed....Personally, I think he comes back in time to play in December, but you have a real question of what version of Tyron Smith do you have at that point. He is going to be out a long time by that point, and with the injury he had it will be very difficult to stay in shape. It may take him a month or more to regain his lower body strength. I'm not an expert in the area but based on the injury he had I'm skeptical he can be too aggressive with his rehab until that ligament fully heals.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Because as of right now your RT is playing very well....aside from the penalties week 1 I would even say Steele has outplayed Smith who everyone is raving about. Now if Terrence Steele continues to kill the team with penalties or turn into the second half Terrence Steele from last year I would be all for the move, but lets let the guy actually fail before we label him as such.

Reactions: BAT

Nexx

Reaction score

cause like they played Dak over Romo... oh dont want to hurt development blah blah.. he's the future blah blah blah... They would rather sacrifice now than go for it all. Its *** stupid. Tyler is going to be a great tackle regardless if he plays another down of tackle this year. Just like Dak was going to be an average QB regardless of him playing his rookie year.
'

Praxit

Reaction score
200w.webp

Ekspozed

Reaction score
I think when Smith comes back he's the backup swing for the rest of the season. Sadly with his bad back he be unable to be moved inside. Tyler Smith is the LT now and for the future. They will have to decide if they want to keep Smith as a backup next season or let him go. I think the staff really likes Steele as well.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They don’t have to IR anyone. The roster currently is at 52.
You appear to be correct. Good observation!

They cut WR Dennis Houston but have not filled that spot unless I missed it.

This is the Cowboys roster listing from their website.
- They have WR James Washington on the 53 but he is clearly on IR.
- I'm certain that in the deal they made with Peters, that they committed to moving him to the 53 at some point.
- Otherwise, they're limited in what they can pay him while on the practice squad.

1......Kelvin Joseph
2......Jourdan Lewis
3......Anthony Brown
4......Dak Prescott
5......Bryan Anger
6......Donovan Wilson
7......Trevon Diggs
8......KaVontae Turpin
9......Cooper Rush
10......Micah Parsons
11......Michael Gallup
12......Jabril Cox
13......Jalen Tolbert
14......Brett Maher
15......Tony Pollard
16......Ezekiel Elliott
17......Rico Dowdle
18......Israel Mukuamu
19......Nahshon Wright
20......DaRon Bland
21......Jayron Kearse
22......Malik Hooker
23......C.J. Goodwin
24......Markquese Bell
25......Anthony Barr
26......Devin Harper
27......Sam Williams
28......Leighton Vander Esch
29......Dante Fowler Jr.
30......Luke Gifford
31......Tyler Biadasz
32......Connor McGovern
33......Matt Farniok
34......Zack Martin
35......Trysten Hill
36......Tyler Smith
37......Josh Ball
38......Tyron Smith
39......Terence Steele
40......Matt Waletzko
41......Simi Fehoko
42......James Washington
43......Noah Brown
44......Dalton Schultz
45......Jake Ferguson
46......CeeDee Lamb
47......Peyton Hendershot
48......DeMarcus Lawrence
49......Dorance Armstrong
50......Neville Gallimore
51......Osa Odighizuwa
52......Quinton Bohanna
53......Chauncey Golston

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Problem there is outside of the week 1 penalties Steele has been phenomenal at RT. Even last season he was a really strong RT, the majority of his struggles came when he moved to the left side.

Moving a Tyron Smith who has missed all year to the other side of the line may be a risky move. I'd rather he move inside to LG than go to RT. I'm sure some players will disagree with me, but I've always felt it's easier to stay on the same side of the line than flip.
ok I'm with you - as long as you're on board with throwing him on the line... people think he's done... he's played well just been unlucky and will and still IS a steal contract wise and better than multiple individuals on our line outside of MARTIN...understand we do not want to progress stop but he can be a left side player in theory as we had slated for Tyler

Creeper

Reaction score
How do you put an offensive lineman on a pitch count? And what would that count be? 20 snaps? 40? What a weird situation.

Reactions: BAT

Carson

Reaction score
How do you put an offensive lineman on a pitch count? And what would that count be? 20 snaps? 40? What a weird situation.
I think it’ll be how gassed he is or how bad Peters / Farniok plays.

I think they fully intend for him to take over at LG but want to make sure he is ready. Peters is 2X all pro, 9x pro bowl and a Super Bowl champion. I don’t think it’s going to take him long to get going. Let him knock some heads and maul the hell out of them.

No Leonard Williams is pretty massive as he is a beast in the inside. Dexter Lawrence pretty much eats up space

terra

Reaction score
Because as of right now your RT is playing very well....aside from the penalties week 1 I would even say Steele has outplayed Smith who everyone is raving about. Now if Terrence Steele continues to kill the team with penalties or turn into the second half Terrence Steele from last year I would be all for the move, but lets let the guy actually fail before we label him as such.
This is absolute horsecrap. Steele is serviceale.

PETERS is going into the HOF and is better NOW then Steele is EVER LIKELY TO BE.
You put your five best linemen on the field.

This progress stopper GARBAGE is typical of the JG/JERRY JONES pile of excrement we have suffered for FAR TOO LONG.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score

PETERS is going into the HOF and is better NOW then Steele is EVER LIKELY TO BE.

This progress stopper GARBAGE is typical of the JG/JERRY JONES pile of excrement we have suffered for FAR TOO LONG.

The Peters going into the HOF is not the 40-year-old Peters we currently have on the roster.

He's a solid/serviceable vet at this point who was sitting at home waiting for a call a few weeks ago. I'm glad we got him and wouldn't have any issue with him at RT over Steele, but it's not some gross miscarriage of justice that they're playing him inside at this stage.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

You don't even know what a 40 year old peters who missed all of camp/preseason even looks like. Steele we have video evidence that he can be a really good RT, and despite the narrative, he has performed like a top T in the league through two weeks. If the penalties pop back up like they did week 1 I'd be all for making a change, but with what we know as of today it seems riskier to put a 40 year old LT who was semi retired a month ago in a new position instead of letting your RT who has performed well overall have an extended opportunity.