Twitter: Jason Peters visiting the Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No way. Peters is the LT if they sign him. Tyler has played G throughout TC and the preseason. No way they go with him now at LT if Peters is on the roster.

It could depend on how both Smith and McGovern play in the opener, which will be a good test for them considering the quality of Tampa's defense. There's no way if we sign Peters that he's going to start in that first game. That's asking too much no matter how good of shape the 40-year-old has stayed in. If the left side fares well against the Bucs, then Peters would just remain vet insurance until we need to cash it in.

I have no problem with that. Peters is a one-year rental. We need to find out if we have the long-term solution or if that has to be the first-round pick priority next year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So we'll have a Hooker and a Peters.

I'm wondering why him over Whitworth? If we're going old.

Whitworth retired while still under contract to the Rams, so they hold his rights and would likely want some kind of compensation.

Carson

Reaction score
Hate when people ignore film to go with their memory smh. Watch the most recent tape and stop relying on your memory of games years ago to tell you who someone is.

Is this how most fans think?
Exactly. Law posted and I posted the tweet off all 800+ snaps last season

Jipper

Reaction score
so say they sign this guy...whos the next guy to come in and be the swing tackle?

Jipper

Reaction score
Ball for RT Smith would be LT

i think we have to assume smith will be playing at guard if a signing happens (but could be wrong...), would rather not move him around a bunch mid season and rather have someone running with the 2's ready at the poistion

Carson

Reaction score
i think we have to assume smith will be playing at guard if a signing happens (but could be wrong...), would rather not move him around a bunch mid season and rather have someone running with the 2's ready at the poistion
Waletzko isn’t ready and neither is Ball

Jipper

Reaction score
Waletzko isn’t ready and neither is Ball

i agree, hence why i think we need to bring in another guy....were so ridiculously thin on depth its going to be bad should anyone go down.

Carson

Reaction score
If you lose 2 starting LTs most teams do not have the luxury of a 3rd like Tyler smith

Status
Not open for further replies.