Twitter: Jason Peters visiting the Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
OK, let's reel things in a bit. The only thing I have heard is that McGovern was ahead of him because of his experience in the playbook and the offense. That is to be expected. The physical talent is no comparison, you can see it if you watch film at all. Look at the videos above and tell me that Peters wouldn't be a fit here. Dude is nasty. I don't care if he is 40 years old. He doesn't play like he is 40.

Regardless of why he’s ahead of him, McGovern was terrible last season. Connor Williams was benched during the season and McGovern was given an opportunity and the team went back to Williams. Tyler Smith hasn’t looked bad but there’s been some issues with his foot movement according to Broaddus. As for Peters we’ll see how he plays if he’s signed. He can’t be very good if he’s available at this stage. The fact that he’s being considered shows the Cowboys are desperate. It’s not like there’s a lot of options out there.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Calvin Hill posted that his sources said no resolution of the situation until Friday.

Could be anything really. Something as simple as talking it over with family. His agent's availability. Something they want a 2nd medical opinion on.

817Gill

Reaction score
They said the same thing about Hooker and Kazee and signed both. Same with Neal.

Even when the Cowboys sign a guy after a visit it’s rarely immediately.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Lmao!!!! There it is!!! We like our guys.

We want to wait until we are 0-4 then we will sign him because we’re too cheap to do anything
It says nothing until tomorrow. That isn’t what they normally say when there will be no deal. That is usually, there is interest but so-and-so is leaving without a deal.

That doesn’t mean he’ll sign for sure… but it isn’t bad news either.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Naw man… it can still happen. The kiss of death is: there is interest but he’s leaving for now.

That is what we normally get when it falls through.

Except for the Eagles swing tackle just broke his arm.

I hope they at least shook hands on something.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Naw man… it can still happen. The kiss of death is: there is interest but he’s leaving for now.

That is what we normally get when it falls through.

Half a day and no leaked information...not even the liquor store man.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
i think they would have leaked they are not interested no? his agent for sure would have leaked some sketchy stuff if that was the case... the fact it is quite makes me feel like they are doing something

Praxit

Reaction score
...lol.... he wants Jerry's money. The word is out.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m originally from the Philly area, my family are die hard eagles fans so I’ve watched almost as much eagles as cowboy games. The guy is a wash, he’s lost it plus injury prone now

I’ll take the word of multiple guys who breakdown film over a guy who has “watched a lot of eagles games”

Status
Not open for further replies.