Twitter: Jason Peters visiting the Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Hes not coming here to play back up. A dude like that probably wouldn't consider it, rightfully so.
I hope you are right, but everything coming out suggests Tyler is going to start at LT.

Reactions: CWR

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Well sure he's going to say that until they sign somebody. He doesn't have anyone on the roster better than Tyler Smith at LT....at the moment . That changes if they sign Peters.
I hope your right, rather see Tyler start inside at Guard.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Guess still no word on the JP deal
One thing there’s no arguing about....this organization is consistent....:rolleyes:

Jipper

Reaction score
if he leaves there without a contract today there may be rioting and pitchforks by the natives....this is as desperate as it has felt in a long time unfortunatly....almost feels like sign him and the season is back on, forgo signing him and its a top 10 pick....even though that is not the reality

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Peters isn't what he used to be, and I hope Tyler takes the job and runs with it. That's better for us all around.

But Peters would be a fine swing tackle option, not to mention the wisdom he could pass on to the younger linemen, being a multiple All Pro and SB champion.

Dallas has the cap space, so just give him $2 million plus incentives and get on with it.

The Cowboys are in a tough situation right now. From listening to reports Tyler Smith wasn’t even beating out McGovern at guard. Now he’s being forced to take over for Tyron at LT. He’s obviously not ready for that so the Cowboys may have to go with a 40 year old player at that position. I have no idea what Peters has left but it couldn’t be much at his age. We’ll see how this plays out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if he leaves there without a contract today there may be rioting and pitchforks by the natives....this is as desperate as it has felt in a long time unfortunatly....almost feels like sign him and the season is back on, forgo signing him and its a top 10 pick....even though that is not the reality

It feels like that for me too.
:thumbup:

Peters needs a playbook stat!

CWR

Reaction score
I hope you are right, but everything coming out suggests Tyler is going to start at LT.

Fair enough, but I'd love to have Peters beside him either at tackle or guard. One of my biggest hopes for Tyron staying healthy was to give Tyler a rock to lean on. I think had he played guard with Tyron we'd have been wrecking teams running that direction.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Fair enough, but I'd love to have Peters beside him either at tackle or guard. One of my biggest hopes for Tyron staying healthy was to give Tyler a rock to lean on. I think had he played guard with Tyron we'd have been wrecking teams running that direction.

Also why I'd like Peters at LT and Smith at LG. Especially with how similar they are. Oline has to work together in conjunction and having two guys playing a similar style of oline helps.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The Cowboys are in a tough situation right now. From listening to reports Tyler Smith wasn’t even beating out McGovern at guard. Now he’s being forced to take over for Tyron at LT. He’s obviously not ready for that so the Cowboys may have to go with a 40 year old player at that position. I have no idea what Peters has left but it couldn’t be much at his age. We’ll see how this plays out.

OK, let's reel things in a bit. The only thing I have heard is that McGovern was ahead of him because of his experience in the playbook and the offense. That is to be expected. The physical talent is no comparison, you can see it if you watch film at all. Look at the videos above and tell me that Peters wouldn't be a fit here. Dude is nasty. I don't care if he is 40 years old. He doesn't play like he is 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.