Twitter: Jason Peters visiting the Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jipper

Reaction score
Well there is sure nothing that he hasn't seen he played well last year and can be a great mentor to Tyler who at this point is probably feeling quite a bit of pressure.

Having a big old experience guy like Peter's next to him can't be a bad thing. Sure there's probably better more expensive options but at least we're making some kind of effort and not sitting on our hands.

This times 1000

J12B

Reaction score
Played all last year. Look, in his prime, this dude was comparable to Tyron...he is a Hall of Fame level OT. Made 10 Pro Bowls. He was a top tier talent. Even now, he is still decent. He would at the very least be a dependable fallback option and can be signed for relatively cheap. I think it's a no brainer.

I'm not opposed to it since it's a low investment.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Is this the 2012 version of Jason Peters? If not, then idk...

I'm thinking it's probably not but you know it's very late in the game to be choosy.

I would just be thrilled if he has enough left in the tank to keep our young draft pick from getting overrun with a sprained ankle against a very good defensive line in Tampa

If he could keep the wolves away from the door and provide a stabilizing force till Tyron recovers that is really all I could ask.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Even a few games to let Tyler Smith get his feet wet would help.

Smith will be better in October than he will be in September.
Exactly if we can at least let Tyler get some NFL snaps at guard and get his feet wet before we put him out on an island against the absolute most elite pass rushers in the league I can't see how it could hurt.

starfan1

Reaction score
Jerry read the zone. “ Hey Steven let’s bring a couple of vets in for show then let them leave without a contract to appease the zone”

“ Good idea Dad”

Reactions: BAT

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No, he's just a progress stopper. Let these young players get real game experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.