Recommended Jason Witten is returning to the Cowboys **merged**

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
This slow guy still can’t be covered up the seam, out in the flat and going across the middle. Learn your football

Sorry, when was the last seam pass you saw thrown to Witten. It was a staple during the Romo era. But it's not a pass I've seen Dak throw much, if ever.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Yeah, we always hear about the blocking...

Our problem was also on 3rd downs and red zone efficiency. Witten isn't helping us with that. He's also a player that pushes to be on the field more than he should be.

If he wants to block - that's fine. Enough of this 8 yards when we need 10. If he can't break a tackle in the NFL, he's not very useful at this point in the receiving game.

He literally would’ve been a top 10 TE this last season with his most recent stats.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Stupid decision by witten for coming out of retirement and the Cowboys for even taking him back......Witten is done!

Verdict

Reaction score
It's $3.5 Million
That's about $2.5 million too much. This contract and Sean Lee's salary make overpaying for Tank or Earl Thomas look like a fantastic idea. Horrible waste of a roster spot and cap room and he brings very little as a player. He was done 5 years ago.

RS12

Reaction score
I'd a rolled the dice on Eifort on a cheap deal personally.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know what I think about this.

Same here. If they use him as just part of the group rather than as the go to guy getting almost all the offensive snaps, I'm fine with it, but I worry they will fall into the same trap and try and use him as if he is still the player he was 6-7 years ago. To me at this point Jarwin should be the main receiving TE even with Witten in the mix.

Verdict

Reaction score
I'm really glad to see so many on here leaning toward bringing Witten back is a bad idea. At least I know others see this for what it is.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Giz1Gsc.gif

Rayman70

Reaction score
Eifert ,witten, jarwin? That would be interesting and wouldn't cost much.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Last season only 7 TEs had more catches than 35 year old 2017 witten did.

Last season only 6 TEs scored more TDS than 35 year old witten did.

And only 11 TEs had more yards.

They also came out and said he wouldn’t be taking 98% of snaps again coming back.