Recommended Jason Witten is returning to the Cowboys **merged**

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He literally would’ve been a top 10 TE this last season with his most recent stats.

In WHAT stats? Show me. Show me his 3rd down catch rate, show me comparable to yards after a catch, show me broken tackles, show me to longest catch.

Where would he be ranked there? "Total yards and targets" are not a good indicator to how he played in 2017.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow!!! I love Jason Witten, but do you think he has anything left in his tank? o_O

I imagine he has enough in the tank to play about 50% of the snaps, and if that's all he does, and Jarwin is the main receiving TE, I have no problem with him being on the team. He would undoubtedly be a good person for Jarwin and Schultz to learn from, plus he will eliminate the need to find a 3rd TE in either the draft or free agency. But if they want to use him as the primary TE taking the majority of the snaps I think the team will be taking a step back.

erod

Reaction score
If they want him back as a coach then pay him to coach, not play. This is a horrible move unless it's for the veteran minimum or close to it.
1 year, $5 million was the deal.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now when he gets creamed across the middle on a poorly thrown Prescott pass his helmet and his hair piece can fly off.

Imagine that moment. It'll be Go Cowboys all around.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
He really wasn’t good at it
If used properly he can help with the development of the young guys but if he’s getting half or more of the snaps that’s only hurting
I agree...even Zeke said "welcome back coach".......I think he could very well be our TE's coach when he does decide to fully retire.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Last season only 7 TEs had more catches than 35 year old 2017 witten did.

Last season only 6 TEs scored more TDS than 35 year old witten did.

And only 11 TEs had more yards.

They also came out and said he wouldn’t be taking 98% of snaps again coming back.

And he's making 5 million dollars which would have probably paid for a younger Tyler Eifert who is a better player then him at this point.

It's not a bad move bringing Witten back but it does nothing. Dallas should've looked for a more dynamic player but they just went with an old guy that can't stretch the defense out.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So Witten is coming back, Bennett is begging for a job, and now Ware? These dudes need to find a hobby.