Twitter: Jason Witten on Dak

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak gets a lot of hate because owners have gotten stupid with their money.

Somewhere at some point they decided to pay guys like Dak top 5 money and that is why he gets a lot of hate.

The QB market is broken.

Rayman70

Reaction score
love the fact Witten gives his blessing. But truth is, IT MEANS SQUAT on game day. They are just words. We need actions to back it up. Tired of all the fluff and feel good crap. Just get the W. Hey...btw...just because I used the word blessing doesn't mean its in a religious context...ok...NEXT.:)

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if dak takes next step this season and Kellen moore is what they think he is this will be a very special year for the dallas cowboys

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
while I do like hearing about Dak's great leadership skills,,,, over and over again,,,, what I really want to hear about are his great strides in passing the football.
What do you think he's doing when he comes in early and leaves late? Sweeping floors?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Hold on one minute - I thought Dak sucks. A HOFer says he doesn't suck. For the anti-Dak guys - can you please explain?

khiladi

Reaction score
Jason Witten on Greg Hardy, which included a lot more ‘detail’, as provided in the link.

“I think when you add the guy like that and then he gets suspended and you never know how it’s going to come out,” Witten said. “The guy works his tail off. Our job is to welcome him and show him the way we do things and embrace him as a teammate, and he’s done everything that you want. He’s a hard worker. Obviously he’s a talented player. I think he’s learned a lot from what he’s gone through in the last year. He’s had a good offseason.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...eammate-greg-hardy-i-think-hes-learned-a-lot/

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Didn't Witten already endorse Prescott from camp? Did the Joneses ask him to do a little selling?

I really do not recall anyone here, even the Dakaters, question his leadership or work ethic, his consistency with regards to accuracy has always been the issue and I don't see that addressed here.

However, we will get to see that on display shortly so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and that Aikman might be wrong and accuracy can be improved.

When Aikman mentioned accuracy, he did not deny it could be improved. What he meant was that even if one improves, in the end, you either have it or you don’t. Aikman was basically implying anybody can improve their skills to a degree, it doesn’t mean they are necessary talented at it, which is something that is either there or not and in the case of Dak, he doesn’t think he has it. Aikman also mentioned multiple things about Dak, not just accuracy. He also mentioned his weak anticipation and the inability to read the looks the defense is giving him.

"It doesn't matter how tough you are. It doesn't matter how smart you are or what a great leader you are. None of that stuff matters if you can't put the ball where you have to put it. I've seen too many errant throws in that regard, and then there needs to be a little more anticipation.

"When there's two deep safeties, you're looking for somebody to take the middle of the field, and that should be your first read if you have somebody who is taking the middle of the field versus those kinds of looks. I don't see great anticipation on what a defense is doing and how might I be able to exploit that pre-snap or as the ball is snapped."

johneric8

Reaction score
If Dak does take the next step, lots of forum dak haters heads will explode because it doesn't fit the narrative of the proverbial bus driver... Dak is my favorite Cowboy if not of all time quite honestly. I love his attitude, I love his kindness and spirit, and love how he lays it all on the line and can put the team on his back when he needs to. Don't hate on Dak for our putrid coaching over the years or lack of players.. Just look at the wins and numbers and tally that up with the kind of man he is and be thankful.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Jason Witten on Greg Hardy, which included a lot more ‘detail’, as provided in the link.

Hardy was considered an excellent teammate in Carolina and initially in Dallas. It wasn't until there was 24/7 national media calling him Hitler that he melted down. Pre-"Hardy is Charles Manson" was a player the Carolina coaches pushed to resign, post-"Hardy is Charles Manson" was the problem.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think what Aikman's comments may not take into account is that accuracy isn't just in the physical throwing motion, it's also in the mental side.

Also the Aikman comments are becoming an urban legend to criticize Dak. Aikman didn't say accuracy can't improve, he said that the type of elite wings-off-a-fly accuracy that he had is something you are either born with or not.

You can make a long list of Pro Bowl QBs that had OK, not elite, accuracy.

khiladi

Reaction score
Hardy was considered an excellent teammate in Carolina and initially in Dallas. It wasn't until there was 24/7 national media calling him Hitler that he melted down. Pre-"Hardy is Charles Manson" was a player the Carolina coaches pushed to resign, post-"Hardy is Charles Manson" was the problem.

Many on this forum don’t view Hardy this way and then he blew up on the sidelines. I know you view Hardy differently and I loved what he brought on the football field as well, during that disaster season.

The point is Witten was doing Witten..

jday

Reaction score
Strong endorsement........,,

giphy.gif

Nav22

Reaction score
Wow, this was a shocker.

I was totally expecting to hear eviscerate Dak on Twitter.
Yeah, because there’s no middle ground between what Witten said and “eviscerating” Dak.

Your bottom lip’s quivering again.
:angry: