Jason Witten question?

Reaction score
I won't accept your numbers unless you post them from a credible source . My link shows more than just catching.

???

The numbers I gave came from your own link. You just had it sorted by receptions first which is where he was listed as 7th, in receptions...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure Witten knew there was a chance the team could be in the playoffs, and he also knew that might be the case going into 2019 and 2020 and on and on. A player can't refuse to ever retire because there is a chance his team might get to the playoffs the next year.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I wish we had Witten out there against the Rams. He would have put this offense on his back and marched it down their throats 7 yards at time.

Reaction score
So it's combined categories that factor in the overall ranking.

I don't think you understand how the NFL's stat page works. The rankings are just based on which category you're sorting by. If you sort by receptions, it's not saying Witten is 7th in everything, it's saying he's 7th in receptions. Click another category, and you'll see him in a different position, etc.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Hola, Cowboy fans!! My question is do you think that Jason Witten would have still retired if he thought there was a chance that we could be where we are right now? Did he retire because he knew he wouldn't have a chance at the prize? Is he kicking himself right now? Your thoughts?

He retired because he'd played 15 seasons, wasn't as good as he used to be, and he got offered a great TV gig that doesn't open every year. I doubt he's kicking himself at all.