Jaws Says Dont Blame Weeden

Aven8

Reaction score
Jaws was actually at the game so he died see first hand.

However, anybody with two eyes could have saw that he sucked, at least in this game and missed tons of open WR's.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
And this guy is supposedly an expert analyst? When a backup quarterback is in the game and you have the number one running back in the league, teams are going to stack the hell out of the box and force the back up to beat them with their arm. What an idiot this guy is

Nope, not an idiot. A guy with an agenda. Either way, you can't trust his analyses anymore.

lqmac1

Reaction score
The guy obviously never played pro football . . . oh, he did. But you know better because you once played NFL football . . . oh, you didn't.
Well, I believe you and not some nut job professional analyst who once played NFL football.

You're confusing me here. Are you citing with his animalism or my response?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Apparently we passed on first down more than we ran. Yikes! Maybe that was Q4?

Our last eight first-down plays of the fourth quarter were all passes (all within the final six minutes of the game). Before that, we had a 13-to-8 run to pass ratio on first-down plays (13-to-5 when it was first-and-10).

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
Here is where you cannot see the difference between adding and acrimony. I fail to see how a guy who quarterbacked a team to the SB, even though he lost, is somehow3 an idiot because of his opinion.

I don't even think you are an idiot for your opinion. There are many more over-reactive reasons to believe so, but your opinion isn't one of them.

Well, if Jaws came out and said Romo started the last game, even though we all know Weeden did. Then he'd be an idiot for his opinion because he apparently didn't watch the game and wasn't paying attention.

From those of us who've reviewed the game tape, that's almost how we feel about his statements.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Well, if Jaws came out and said Romo started the last game, even though we all know Weeden did. Then he'd be an idiot for his opinion because he apparently didn't watch the game and wasn't paying attention.

From those of us who've reviewed the game tape, that's almost how we feel about his statements.

You do not review game tape. You are not on this team as a player, coach, GM or scout. Because you watch the all-22 does not make you any of these things. This is hubris, and one of the emotional aspects I find both interesting and just a little sad.

If you believe what you do by watching the game again with the ability to roll the plays back and forth is watching game tape, you are sadly mistaken. Hence your comments about a man who played the game and has been an analyst of the game for twenty years.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
How can we contact Jaws employer even if indirectly? Mostly I would like to fill their inbox with some negative fee back from this clown. Maybe if enough is said he'll get the boot. The man is just done, he's lost it.. no need to continue making himself look like a complete idiot.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
You do not review game tape. You are not on this team as a player, coach, GM or scout. Because you watch the all-22 does not make you any of these things. This is hubris, and one of the emotional aspects I find both interesting and just a little sad.

If you believe what you do by watching the game again with the ability to roll the plays back and forth is watching game tape, you are sadly mistaken. Hence your comments about a man who played the game and has been an analyst of the game for twenty years.

It's the same game tape they use; we no have access to it. What else would it be?

You sound like one of those old people just stuck in their ways unwilling to accept new inventions or technology.

You could question my credentials, sure. And I'm just a regular fan who doesn't claim to have any kind of NFL pedigree. But it doesn't take a genius to look at the all-22, see WRs open and recognize when a QB is not seeing the field. Which Jaws, with all of his credentials and pedigree, apparently failed to do.

But you have nothing to add because you are unwilling to do any of the above. But you do have your opinion though. A very strong one!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree but I think it is fair to say his play was poor. I do think there were some thing the coaches could have done to help him out more but it would only be a guess of how that would have changed anything. Weeden staring down WR was on him, some of his throws were on him. OL gave up 1 sack on the day and while protection was not outstanding it was not bad either. I don't put losses directly on 1 player

Oh I agree. By no means do I feel Weeden played well. One of the worst displays of quarterbacking that I've seen in a very long time. My argument was there was simply more of a problem than just Weeden. There are a handful of guys I can go back and say either played to their potential or played over their head. That's Melton, Hitchens, Scandrick and Crawford. Witten and Demarco stats-wise weren't there best but they came to play. And coaches have to take their responsibility as well there.

no but the fact is if there were no turf, 80% of his balls would still be falling even now.
Your right. No arguing with you there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Love how Romo coming back into the game for Weeden was the reason we lost to Washington but the next week Weeden was the reason we lost to Zona.

...fans...

Funny how that works. Complete 180 lol. People are just emotional and not thinking with logic.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Despite coaching, offense, defense and special teams? Yes there is lol. Cowboys sucked in every phase of football.

Despite all of that, Romo would have won that game for us. Weeden singlehandly doomed our chances of winning. I've seen better quarterbacked high school games.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
It's the same game tape they use; we no have access to it. What else would it be?

You sound like one of those old people just stuck in their ways unwilling to accept new inventions or technology.

You could question my credentials, sure. And I'm just a regular fan who doesn't claim to have any kind of NFL pedigree. But it doesn't take a genius to look at the all-22, see WRs open and recognize when a QB is not seeing the field. Which Jaws, with all of his credentials and pedigree, apparently failed to do.

But you have nothing to add because you are unwilling to do any of the above. But you do have your opinion though. A very strong one!

The only thing you have said that makes since is you are a fan. Not an ex player, or one who went to a SB. For you to suggest you watched tape is ridiculous. For you to point fingers at me for finding your assertions valid is ludicrous.

You are just a fan and the idea you know what transpires is laughable since you probably can't name the plays being run, much less know who the primary was and the check downs. You watch something and give it your value when a guy like Faws looks and sees it as someone who has called plays and executed plays. Any nonsense you proffer that you somehow see something he doesn't...well there just aren't words toi express how ridiculous that is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Despite all of that, Romo would have won that game for us. Weeden singlehandly doomed our chances of winning. I've seen better quarterbacked high school games.

But Romo lost the week prior to a inferior team that just lost to the Vikings? So let me get this straight. If we left Weeden in the game we would've won against the Deadskins but if Romo would've played this past Sunday than we would've won? Where are we getting this from? What facts or proof?

ccb04

Reaction score
Jaws does have a point. Weeden wasn't very sharp but the game plan was poor and we were in 3rd and long regularly.
You can't run a ball control offense where your 3rd down average is 8 yards to go.

We've already discussed "the board" video reviews are generally just really poor.

Weeden didn't have many options and was constantly behind the chains.
With Romo he'd make bail outs plays or get a turnover and eat all the blame too.

Arizona was far better than us as a team.
Looked like we did versus other teams previously.

Take away the pick 6 and that game wasn't even competitive.

Prior to the Skins game, Romo & the team were consistently converting 3rd downs...at times regardless of distance. IIRC, they entered the Cards games as still the top team in the league...converting at better than 55%.

It's not all on Weeden...there's blame to go around. Poor starting field position was another issue. And the defense also failed on 3rd down. I believe all 4 of Arizona's TD's came on 3rd down...and they converted 9 of 15 attempts. But Weeden was the biggest culprit offensively. There were guys open & plays to be made, and he simply missed the opportunities. He played well in the Skins game...but was awful vs. the Cards.

True, if we take away the pick 6, the offense couldn't score a TD until garbage time. Then again, we also had a FG blocked (special teams gaffe not on Weeden), and Weeden's redzone Int that took more potential points (at least a FG) off the board. Those were two key turning points...along with the failed 4th down attempt.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Have you looked at the film and do you agree with the message?

Or is this one of your many unsubstantiated attacks on the overall board personality. You haven't even added to the discussion.

I don't have the numbers in front of me. But just saying we averaged 4 YPC does NOT mean we averaged 4 YPC on 1st down. I recall the 3rd downs they put us in being very difficult circumstances when you consider Weeden is average....and our passing attack makes it difficult for an average QB..going against big physical CBs..to be successful. All I know is that there our backup QBs (McCoy, Cousins, Sanchez, Austin Davis etc)...that have been completing forward passes all year...and Weeden looked like he was just introduced to the game of football on Sunday. So I think it is a combination of a "not so friendly" passing attack...with our inability to be a dominant running team....going against the best team in the NFC....with an average backup QB.