Jaws Says Dont Blame Weeden

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I'd have to go see what our Run/Pass was on first down but I guess a ton of pass.

Maybe they should have passed early. Honestly, I dunno that it would have made a lick of difference.

EDIT: Took a look at Sturm's charts. Apparently we passed on first down more than we ran. Yikes! Maybe that was Q4?

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/files/2014/11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-04-at-7.16.23-AM.png

59 offensive plays says volumes.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
He was right. We continually tried to run the ball on first down to no avail. I'm always for running the ball, but Arizona knew we were going to run and they stacked the box every down. We should've thrown more on first down because the defense was giving that to us. If Weeden was not capable of making the throws, then it's on the coaching staff and front office for having him signed as the # 2.

We did throw more on first down. Weeden was beating the crap out of the turf

Eddie

Reaction score
Jaws continues to get worse and worse. The run game was fine. murray ran for over 4 yards a carry. Weeden didn't make the throws he needed to make.

That's what Jaws was missing. Murray would have busted 100 if the QB was making accurate throws. Some of those throws were ridiculously inaccurate.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Regardless what the run/pass ration was, I know one thing for certain. We were in 2nd and 8 and 2nd and 9 FAR too often in the Arizona game. Weeden sucked, but that's a tough spot to put any QB in consistently, especially a backup.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
We did throw more on first down. Weeden was beating the crap out of the turf

As I posted, we were also continually in 2nd and 8 and 2nd and 9 all day too. Weeden sucked and the play calling/game planning did as well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Regardless what the run/pass ration was, I know one thing for certain. We were in 2nd and 8 and 2nd and 9 FAR too often in the Arizona game. Weeden sucked, but that's a tough spot to put any QB in consistently, especially a backup.

I agree. I hope people do not misinterpret that as some excuse for Weeden but Dallas stayed in poor down and distance in that game and vs a quality defense that is hard to overcome. I do think Romo in the game would have had more success because he has the leeway to change up plays and to alter the routs. Weeden was pretty much running the play that came into the huddle.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Even when Jaws was 'good' (again, this was about 15 years ago), he still made every excuse possible for a QB. During that time I could understand that as a character flaw, but in the past 10 years I'm more skeptical about his motives and I could see him using that to rile up Cowboys fans.

Either way, the joke is on him because he looks like a moron saying don't blame Weeden.

YR

Crackhead commentary!

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I dunno where you're going with this, but the defense had held the cards to what, 14 points by late in the third or something? The offense could not move the ball and that was 100% on the qb.

It's a TEAM game. No way it can all be on the QB. Now if you want to give him a big chunk of the blame, that is fine but it's not all his fault.

silver

Reaction score
I agree to a certain extent... Weeden was bad. But the game plan itself hasn't been sharp the last two weeks.

Yep, we've been way too conservative with the Weedeater at the helm. We ran on a third and long on the play previous the blocked fg. That's the equivalent of tapping out. Can't call the game "not to lose" and expect to win.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I usually trust my eyes which everyone should do unless visually impaired. What we all saw was a QB who had time, and just not only threw inaccurately, but serious tunnel vision, and just flat out sucked. If you could not see that, or you don't believe what your eyes showed you, then there's no reasoning with the unreasonable.

mldardy

Reaction score
That's what Jaws was missing. Murray would have busted 100 if the QB was making accurate throws. Some of those throws were ridiculously inaccurate.

Murray would have busted 100 if the game was still close. Once we fell behind 21-10 we had to pass and then Weeden threw another pick to seal the deal. He was terrible on Sunday, there is no other way to spin it. I don't know what Jaws is talking about.

rynochop

Reaction score
Jaws is dead to me after he had Matt Schaub ahead of Romo a couple years ago.
Only @ufcrules1 could get to that conclusion. Think that was during that trade romo for schaub thread

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
And this guy is supposedly an expert analyst? When a backup quarterback is in the game and you have the number one running back in the league, teams are going to stack the hell out of the box and force the back up to beat them with their arm. What an idiot this guy is

The guy obviously never played pro football . . . oh, he did. But you know better because you once played NFL football . . . oh, you didn't.
Well, I believe you and not some nut job professional analyst who once played NFL football.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The guy obviously never played pro football . . . oh, he did. But you know better because you once played NFL football . . . oh, you didn't.
Well, I believe you and not some nut job professional analyst who once played NFL football.

Getting tired of this "he played football" or "I played football" business being bandied around here. Marshall Faulk played football and believes that Tony Romo is not a good quarterback. Josh McDaniels is under Belichek's staff and thought that Tim Tebow could be a better QB than Jay Cutler. Somebody who played football took Ryan Leaf.

Experience in the game does not denote infallibility.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

Gimme, breaking out the sharp sarcasm... You go boy.