Jay Glazer Confident Zeke Gets Signed by Week 1

Altestic

Reaction score
I believe him.........Zeke starts losing REAL MONEY missing regular season games. Think about it, every missed regular season is 1/16th of about $14M or approx $900k he leaving on the table and can't get back. I'm sure any deal signed AFTER the season starts will be prorated for games missed.
1/17th.

Players get paid equally for 17 weeks per season, including the bye week.

Hoods

Reaction score
Jerry is right on this. If he gives in to Zeke every player wanting a deal is going to pull this stunt.
That may be true but only for players at least the same caliber of player as Zeke. All other players would be laughed out of the room. Given that Zeke is a generational talent, I don't think Jerry is too worried about setting bad precedent.

lkelly

Reaction score
I believe him.........Zeke starts losing REAL MONEY missing regular season games. Think about it, every missed regular season is 1/16th of about $14M or approx $900k he leaving on the table and can't get back. I'm sure any deal signed AFTER the season starts will be prorated for games missed.
I don’t believe that is Zeke’s 2019 salary.

Altestic

Reaction score
I don’t believe that is Zeke’s 2019 salary.
that would be his 2020 since it would be roughly an average of Gurley/Bell/the next guy, I believe

but yes in 2019 he's only making about 5m

CWR

Reaction score
I think Jay is right though. Jerry is throwing barbs now because he’s panic-bluffing. He’s going to pay Zeke what he wants, he’s just attempting to explore every avenue he can to avoid it... Until the eleventh hour. Jerry will pay anything for one more Super Bowl ring, didn’t he say that?

The bill is due.

You would think hes in panic mode but he wears very rose colored glasses and likely believes the rbs we have will lead the way. Nothing against Pollard, but he's never come close to the workload we need him to take.

JayFord

Reaction score
Liquor store guy

A lot of guys in liquor stores have great insider knowledge

Trouble foot joe told me zack epscott (Dak Prescott in slurred speech) would be the starting QB for the boys in 2016

yimyammer

Reaction score
He's wrong about this one. The scuttlebutt around the Cowboys HQ is that Jerry is dug in on letting Zeke sit out as long as he wants to.

are you around the Cowboys HQ?

serious question...

:popcorn:

Sydla

Reaction score
Glazer is one of the more accurate and respected insiders. I put a bit more weight into what he says than most.

https://sports.yahoo.com/glazer-thi...&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=theurbannewz

His source seems to be the confidence in the Cowboys front office thinking it will happen.

Also, if he's going to be the highest paid running back by Week 1, then why isn't the deal done yet?

It should be easy to get done.............. Gurley's contract is this, beat it.

I think the reality is the Cowboys are not willing to go above Gurley. And if they do, what a mistake.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry is right on this. If he gives in to Zeke every player wanting a deal is going to pull this stunt.
he already gave in offered Zeke to be close to what Gurley makes hows that not giving in. the can of worms is open and if Zeke grabs it its still a new deal after 3 years and with 2 years left.. its big money lets not get it twisted..by acquiescing hes already opened that door but there are NOT MANY players that can actually have the power to do this.. EE is on another level, he snot just a top RB hes a top player in the league..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That may be true but only for players at least the same caliber of player as Zeke. All other players would be laughed out of the room. Given that Zeke is a generational talent, I don't think Jerry is too worried about setting bad precedent.
What is everyone's obsession with comparing Pollard to Zeke? It doesn't take a player of Zeke's caliber to keep the chains moving. We don't have to have the 30 yard jailbreaks to the end zone that we get from Zeke. We just need a guy that can consistently get us the first down on 3rd and 2. Pollard has been good on 1st and 2nd down keeping us ahead of the chains. This offense seems to be poised to be more balanced this season which will be good for a RB like Pollard that is leaner than Zeke.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
he already gave in offered Zeke to be close to what Gurley makes hows that not giving in. the can of worms is open and if Zeke grabs it its still a new deal after 3 years and with 2 years left.. its big money lets not get it twisted..by acquiescing hes already opened that door but there are NOT MANY players that can actually have the power to do this.. EE is on another level, he snot just a top RB hes a top player in the league..
Not according to Jerry today. He said there has been no deals offered and no progress being made. You just got sucked in to believing the media propaganda.