Twitter: Jay Glazer on Cowboys coaching rumors

kumizi

Reaction score
MM has won a SB.

Dak can probably win a SB.

Together, that combo can't win a SB.

I wish Jerry would see this. The entire national media makes fun of MM. Every time another team executes in the playoffs, several analysts say "this is why X is a well coached team and the Cowboys are not."

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What kind of control? The Cowboys are pretty good at drafting and from what I see the value coaches input on personnel..what exactly do you think these "control coaches" want besides that?

Control of personnel which is something Jerry won’t give him. Payton will want to have the final say on who we draft. There could be other things. He’s already worked for Jerry and knows how he operates. If Payton isn’t given enough control to do things his way he’s not coming here.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I hear these guys are interested
R.1db003072a1ada6c0a6041555abf98b6
The new "staff"

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I also don't think Payton would put up with Jerry's games so he definitely would not come here. He is not used to being controlled that way. If he did hang it up with coaching, i see him taking the Jon Gruden route and going into broadcasting...get paid more than what he makes now and a lot less stress, with summer vacations. That's what i would do if i was him. Time to take it easy and more time for the family. Just ask Romo.

I don’t see Sean Payton coming back to coaching if he leaves New Orleans unless he sees it as a great opportunity he can’t pass up. If he’s offered a good gig in broadcasting like what’s being reported I would do that. You can have a long career in broadcasting without all the stress. Everyone wants to be the next John Madden.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
....I mean, had we won at least one playoff game with MM, I'd be ok lets keep rolling. The fact he was ousted 1st game is huge Red Flag.

The huge red flag is...we weren't ready to play. And not to have a team ready for a playoff game??? Come on....we even had the extra day of rest. We came out flat.....and that's been a problem throughout the McCarthy tenure....the bigger the game.....the flatter the team comes out....the longer it takes for them to wake up. Throw in the undisciplined penalties.....and it's like what the hell does McCarthy do for this team besides nothing? :banghead:

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don’t see Sean Payton coming back to coaching if he leaves New Orleans unless he sees it as a great opportunity he can’t pass up. If he’s offered a good gig in broadcasting like what’s being reported I would do that. You can have a long career in broadcasting without all the stress. Everyone wants to be the next John Madden.
Agree. I feel Hes tired, and been wanting 2 retire 2 years back. Were stuck with MM..unless we fire him 4 DQ.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Next off season is the now or never point, if MM is retained this year.

Sean Payton isn’t likely to coach another team in 2022. Sounds as if he may be burned out. If he takes a year off from coaching to recharge his batteries and decides to go into broadcasting and enjoys it he’ll likely continue to do that.

jnday

Reaction score
I mean Meyer's resume was a rock solid winner before Jacksonville. His season in Jacksonville wasnt really predictable. It didnt even have anything to do with the difference between College and the NFL
The media was attacking Meyer from day one. He never had a chance. He took a job to coach a no talent team that had been pathetic for several years and the media blamed him for the state of the team. Meyer can coach. He has proved it everywhere that he has been. Jimmy couldn’t have made it in Dallas with the internet and social media attacking him every day.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Agree. I feel Hes tired, and been wanting 2 retire 2 years back. Were stuck with MM..unless we fire him 4 DQ.

Last season was a tough season for him and it sounds like he needs a break. When you don’t have a consistent QB that makes it even tougher. Life without Drew Brees took a lot out of him. Don’t think he wants to deal with that situation again. He made sure when he arrived in New Orleans in 2006 that he snagged a good QB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sean Payton isn’t likely to coach another team in 2022. Sounds as if he may be burned out. If he takes a year off from coaching to recharge his batteries and decides to go into broadcasting and enjoys it he’ll likely continue to do that.
agree. Truthfully, Hes likely never coaching again(if he steps down). He has nuthin left 2 prove.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Last season was a tough season for him and it sounds like he needs a break. When you don’t have a consistent QB that makes it even tougher. Life without Drew Brees took a lot out of him. Don’t think he wants to deal with that situation again.
its a rebuild there really..2 a degree. He may not wanna take part in that again. For the reasons u said.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Last season was a tough season for him and it sounds like he needs a break. When you don’t have a consistent QB that makes it even tougher. Life without Drew Brees took a lot out of him. Don’t think he wants to deal with that situation again. He made sure when he arrived in New Orleans in 2006 that he snagged a good QB.

Well he better go to the booth then, he comes here he will end up in a mental ward.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
its a rebuild there really..2 a degree. He may not wanna take part in that again. For the reasons u said.

At his age and all the years he’s put into coaching he wants no part of a rebuild that involves looking for a franchise QB. Nothing can age an HC more than having to shuffle QBs in and out of the lineup trying to find one. That’s not a position you want to be playing musical chairs at. He already went through that this season having to start 4 QBs.

CWR

Reaction score

I would imagine it's not about the money anymore. He can do nothing at all if he wants. It's the love of the game that keeps a lot of these guys going. Maybe he can get close to that as a broadcaster, but probably not. I see the appeal though.

Creeper

Reaction score
Once again we let everything that happened with this team over 26 years on the coach and he only been here 2 years. ...lol

And one of those years the team was decimated by injuries and without a preseason due to COVID. Let's not become the Browns or Giants changing coaches constantly. They lived with Clapper for 10 years they can go one more year with McCarthy.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You also had a good portion of that same fan base wanting Urban Myers as the coach.

I will admit that I was wanting Urban Myers over big Mike, but in my defense I didnt realize that Urban Myers was more interested in getting lap dances from teenage girls than actually being a head coach (watching film, tweaking schemes, ect...)

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Jerry knows as well as anyone that we ain't winning a Super Bowl with MM. He's willing to lose to see out his contract for reasons unknown. Is it because fans would see the hiring as a failure? News flash, Jerry: almost everything you've done for the last twenty-six years has been a failure, as least at the HC position. Everyone knows you are a joke of a GM. We aren't good enough to win a SB next season, anyway, especially if Quinn leaves. So why not get a young HC in here and let him start to build his team and build a new culture here? But no...we'll just waste another year and then start from scratch.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
It's not his fault the team was too nervous to follow his instructions.

Next year we won't be as nervous and we'll win. I don't see why everyone's flipping out about this.
Dak will still be nervous and have that deer in the headlights look!