Jayden Daniels is better than Dak

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Kellen Moore was not let go “twice”. The Chargers refused to let him interview. Only when Harbaugh took the job and was given complete control, including bringing in his own staff, did they let Moore go.
Sooooo... Harbaugh let him go? Got it.

And if Barkley caught the ball in the 4th down play they had him wide open
If. It was a questionable call and it cost them the game. If the Zeke at Center play would have worked, people might think McCarthy is clever. It didn't and he isn't.
And the offense has been dumbed down for Dak, because he led the league in INTs in 19 games played. MM had him bail pocket if his early reads weren’t there.
There is no evidence of this. MM's offense is already dumbed down. Watch the route concepts and tell me how that it's even close to modern football. Where's the mesh concepts, where are the zone beaters? When does McCarthy call plays that just exploit the defense? All QB's should and will scramble or leave the pocket if the early reads aren't there. The routes are all basic with guys generally standing in the same area. Modern offense has routes in layers and usually are designed so that the QB can naturally progress to the next route, i.e., crossing routes, shallow-dig-post concepts. Also, Dak is most dangerous when he's moving.

Now to your point, Dak is not the most accurate, especially on short-to-mid range passes. He also has not been great at progressions. An elite QB should be able to get to their 3rd and sometimes 4th progressions a few times a game. Dak doesn’t show that ability. I would counter that a real Head Coach and/or play caller would have demanded he improved and help him do just that.

All my points stand, and I never said Dak was better than Stroud. I only said Stroud has had better coaching.

Like Dak or not, he'll be a Cowboy in 2025 and McCarthy won't. Mic drop.

Nav22

Reaction score
Some fans are so smug they assume the cowboys are just entitled to beat the giants and commanders every year. Despite what the actual teams look like that year.
Low-IQ bozos who think the NFL is like college football.

We're not Georgia and those other teams aren't Temple.

Nav22

Reaction score
I don't think Dak's contract is fully guaranteed. A large part of it only becomes guaranteed if he is still on the roster at some point.
Maybe Jerry could eat a hundred million and let him go.
Jerry's ate his crap for so long it shouldn't be a hard swallow.
I think it will cost him a lot more to keep Dak until the end of it.
Why are you still here???

You're a quitter. Nobody here respects quitters like you.
:laugh:

rambo2

Reaction score
Much more talented and dynamic. Best of all he’s on a rookie contract. The Commanders are in a much better position than the Cowboys going forward. Congrats to Dan Quinn.
He has 2 wins. Isn't it a bit early to say that.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Jayden Daniels has a coach who calls a modern offense. CJ Stroud has an innovative coach who calls a modern offense.

Dak has never had that at the NFL level. Not even close.

Not saying Dak is better than Stroud or Jayden, but he's been square pegged, round holed his whole NFL career with the likes of Jason Garrett (out of the NFL), Scott Linehan (out of the NFL), Kellen Moore (let go twice in two years), and Mike McCarthy (about to be out of the NFL).
I mean Dak led the league in TD,MVP candidate last year, but our run game is terrible. Just not enough effective balance. Needed to move on in the offseason from coach, the culture is also bad.

Nav22

Reaction score
I mean look at the Packers QB right now, Malik Willis. Even Sam Darnold is winning right now. Seahawks can’t run the ball either, but they are 3-0. Andy Dalton was absurd this Sunday. This era is a QBs dream,

Dak was winning before because he was surrounded by talent. Even Hurts got to the SB before Dak.

Acting like this dude was worth 231 million and Dallas would be in QB hell for years if they let him walk is a joke.
Oh, so winning a few regular season games counts as success for these other QBs???

Dallas has won 12 games each of the last 3 years, but Dak has to win playoff games to earn your respect. Got it.

Yet Andy Dalton beating the Raiders in Week 3 means something to you??? Hilarious.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

"Da Seahawks can't run da ball either!"

Just say you don't watch teams besides the Cowboys. Don't embarrass yourself like this. Seahawks run game has been very good in 2 of their 3 games.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Acting like this dude was worth 231 million and Dallas would be in QB hell for years if they let him walk is a joke.
raw

khiladi

Reaction score
Oh, so winning a few regular season games counts as success for these other QBs???

Dallas has won 12 games each of the last 3 years, but Dak has to win playoff games to earn your respect. Got it.

Yet Andy Dalton beating the Raiders in Week 3 means something to you??? Hilarious.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

"Da Seahawks can't run da ball either!"

Just say you don't watch teams besides the Cowboys. Don't embarrass yourself like this. Seahawks run game has been very good in 2 of their 3 games.
Cooper Rush was 5-1. Keep that 12-5 same energy when you blame everybody but Dak on this team…. Goff has been to SBs and farther than Dak in the playoffs on two different teams, let alone Jalen Hurts. Jordan Love in his first season started annihilated Dak.

TWOK11

Reaction score
NFC East QBs this board has deemed better than Dak at one time or another:

Wentz
Foles
Cousins
Jones
Hurts
Smith
Heineke
Howell
Rush

Time to add another name to the list it appears

Tussinman

Reaction score
We could be battling NY for 3rd place.
I just looked at the cowboys' schedule and it looks tough.

Go on a 6-game stretch starting at Pittsburgh (who has almost 400 yards rushing in 3 games), Lions, at 49ers, at Atlanta, Texans, and Eagles. 6 teams that all could be in the playoffs

Then immediately go on the road to Washington who looks like they will at least put up a fight especially at home. Will be interesting to see if the Dallas defense still has any juice left at that point after playing 6 straight playoff caliber teams