Jaylon: I would say I probably ran the most out of the entire defense

conner01

Reaction score
If I am looking for a player to mostly spy Hurts, I would use Cox who is faster and better at tackling.
If cox had more experience he probably would be the guy
Cox is gonna be a fine player but he’s learning

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I couldn't help but think as I saw him running, he may never fully recover from his injury. It looks so pronounced. He seems as if he's laboring to pick up his feet to run. It's subtle, but it's noticeable.

I know he doesn't need or want my pity, but I feel sorry for him. I think he would actually be an All-Pro linebacker if it wasn't for his devastating injury. I don't think he wants to make any excuses, but he simply doesn't run the same as he did in college. :(

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I also read a quote by him, and I quote: "Listen, half of my runs were designed to jump on top of a doggy pile of players who did all the grunt work prior to me joining in on the fun."

Ozone22

Reaction score
He forgot to mention the reason he ran so much. He wanted to be the first one to congratulate the actual person that made the tackle.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I don't see how people think he had a good game because he tackled Hurts for no gain a couple times. That's his job, you'd think a LB would eventually run into someone. He is still the biggest weak link on this D. He is terrible vs the run, and actively takes himself out of plays giving RBs running space and then chases from behind. There were a ton of plays the Eagles made they were the result of his awful judgement.

The Eagles ran 3 times last night. A normal OC will run a lot more when you have a headless chicken as the opposing MLB

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Not much doubt this was going to get its own thread so those who have an agenda against Jaylon could twist his words into a negative.

Appears to me he's simply saying he had the job of spying Hurts so he had to run a lot ... and that he's willing to do what is necessary to win. Don't see those things as a negative.

BermyStar

Reaction score
I'm by no means a Jaylon Smith fan. I see what all you guys see for the most part, but I have to give him a little bit of credit. He was running sideline to sideline quite a bit keeping track of Hurts and in some situations actually did hold him in check from gashing us for a big gain. I'll allow this one from Jaylon.
He def played well...but he needs to shut up. Declaring what he does and how he leads. I think he's trying to convince himself.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see how people think he had a good game because he tackled Hurts for no gain a couple times. That's his job, you'd think a LB would eventually run into someone. He is still the biggest weak link on this D. He is terrible vs the run, and actively takes himself out of plays giving RBs running space and then chases from behind. There were a ton of plays the Eagles made they were the result of his awful judgement.

The Eagles ran 3 times last night. A normal OC will run a lot more when you have a headless chicken as the opposing MLB
You must have an untrained eye…..:laugh::hammer:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If I am looking for a player to mostly spy Hurts, I would use Cox who is faster and better at tackling.

Cox is faster. Whether he'd be better is debatable. I know some cringe at everything Jaylon says or does, but he seems to be much better respected by the NFL world. The announcers praised him for his play and leadership last night.